Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power wedge stuck down

Paul 7676

Please Help!

I have a 2010 VTX with Maliview. Today i was skiing and it was working fine. Then it got stuck in the down position.

When i press the deploy button it makes a noise at the wedge actuator. When you press the wedge down button it also tries to put the wedge down.

When i press the wedge up button i get nothing. Have tried with the boat moving forward and on the trailer.

I have also tested with a test light. I am not getting power at the fuse pannel when i press the down button..

CAN ANYONE HELP????

Please Help!

I have a 2010 VTX with Maliview. Today i was skiing and it was working fine. Then it got stuck in the down position.

When i press the deploy button it makes a noise at the wedge actuator. When you press the wedge down button it also tries to put the wedge down.

When i press the wedge up button i get nothing. Have tried with the boat moving forward and on the trailer.

I have also tested with a test light. I am not getting power at the fuse pannel when i press the down button..

CAN ANYONE HELP????

When puting up wedge you must put it in reverse give a little gas then push the button it will come up. Not sure about fuse panel.

Perhaps take it to dealer or at least call dealer.

Hope this helps

Never had to put it in reverse. It sounds like a sensor issue. In an effort to save your actuators, i would not try to move the wedge. I had the same problem. They had to replace the actuators (thinking it was the problem). once replaced they discovered the sensor had gone bad and had to replace it as well. GOOD LUCK.

a 2010 Power wedge,the boat needs to be moving forward 5-10 in order for the wedge to come up. You can operate down or deploy in or out of the water though so its deceiving what is or is not working. If your paddle wheel is damaged this can create this problem.

Early 2010's were fused too small and the wedge was getting stuck half way down, it was a simple fix to replace the 15 amp with a 20 amp fuse (for the power wedge module NOT the fuses inside the fuse panel) to correct the load issue. The system was tested out of the water but in the water the extra resistance on the actuators increased the load over the fuse size.

Hope this info helps you out.

Paul

Paul, That does not work on at least my 2010. I have tried what you said but I called my Dealer while stuck on the lake and the wedge would not come up. He reminded me to put it in reverse with a little bit of gas and then push the wedge up button and then it came up. But if OP said he has no power at the fuse so maybe there are other issues..... :whistle: