Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another prop question

TimW

I have a 1995 Sunsetter with a 350 Ski edition engine and wanting to upgrade to a 4-blade prop and keep my 3-blade (13 X 13) as a spare. We do wakeboarding/skiing (80/20 mix) with usually 3 - 4 persons and two dogs in the boat. The engine is in good shape with only 325 hours so it runs great and with TBI there is no hesitation. I saw on an earlier thread where there might be a group buy in the spring but will that allow for a prop that will meet my expectations? If not is Skier to Skier the best location for a good price?

My wife and I are just recreational level for both wakeboarding and skiing so my expectations is to increase the hole shot and not too concerned in WOT speeds.

Also I am planning installing a Stargazer PP in the spring.

Thanks for your help.

An OJ 13 X 13 LC 1 1/8" FORCE 4-blade or 12.5 X 12 LC 1 1/8" XMP 4-blade would be a good option as well.

Eric,

There are two 12.5 x 12 props listed on your website one w/ Cup of .90 or .110. I'm guessing the .110 would be a better option given the additional Cupping for the above posters question?

I used a 13x12 on my old SLXI and a 13 x 11.5, I liked the extra hole shot of the 13 x 11.5 but now after changing technique and that I used my boat similarly as the poster does I'd just go w/ a 13 x 12 (3-blade). I expect he'd get similar results as my boat weighed more but had more hp than his '95 SLX but his boat weighed less.

The 13 X 13 4-blade has .090 standard, more can be added if needed. In most cases with the smaller engines the .090 should be fine. The 13 X 11.5 would be a good option as well if the op would want to stick with a 3-blade.