Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Just Won a Wakesurfer!!!

Levi900RR

Hey All,

I just won one of these at my local Shop! :yahoo:

I am new to surfing and am going to have a pretty small wave (93 Skier with 1K lbs of ballast) Should I keep this board and see how it goes? Or should I try and sell it to get something different?

I am leaning towards keeping it just to rep the shop that gave it to me. I really like the fact that it it is thin enough to fit in my wakeboard rack!

Geez, tell me the next Super Lotto numbers, you're on a roll :thumbup:

FWIW, I saw that same board at a local West Marine on clearance for $150. I haven't figured out the surfing thing yet but I'm sure it would be a decent guest board.

Hey All,

I just won one of these at my local Shop! :yahoo:

I am new to surfing and am going to have a pretty small wave (93 Skier with 1K lbs of ballast) Should I keep this board and see how it goes? Or should I try and sell it to get something different?

I am leaning towards keeping it just to rep the shop that gave it to me. I really like the fact that it it is thin enough to fit in my wakeboard rack!

now you just have to win a wakeskate and you are set for next season :thumbup::biggrin:

My buddy has last years model and he loves it. I rode it and i think its pretty slow compared to my Inland Surfer Squirt. It seems like a stable board to learn on, just a little hard to go ropeless.

Thanks guys, I'm hoping it will be a board that I can learn to surf on and then make the decision as to what I really want. OR maybe I will love the thing. Who knows. :rockon:

Right on. Rock it and then decide. It was free. Thumbup.gif You are on a roll! Rockon.gif

The Skiers wave has a lot of push when weighted correctly. I bet you can ride it ropeless with good form. Little waves teach good form. Biggrin.gif

Uhm, let me think. Keeping a free board or spending hundreds of dollars on something else? I’m too cheap so it’s an easy choice. ;)

I agree man, I was only thinking about trying to work a trade with the shop or maybe selling it and getting something else... :rockon: