Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where do I buy these?

Pistol Pete

Oh man, I should have thought this one out better.

Ok guys, before you give me a whole bunch of suggestions on where to buy boats, swim platforms, trailers, stereo remotes, vinyl, transom straps, rudders, propellers, trailer tail lights, grab rails, transom mounted flush pro hook-ups, transome vents, and malibu decals, I'm talking about the yellow transom strap guards.

Edited by Pistol Pete

Ok guys, before you give me a whole bunch of suggestions on where to buy boats, swim platforms, trailers, stereo remotes, vinyl, transom straps, rudders, propellers, trailer tail lights, grab rails, transom mounted flush pro hook-ups, transome vents, and malibu decals, I'm talking about the yellow transom strap guards.

Here you go, found them at Overtons...http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=74000&pdesc=Protective_Tie_Down_Pads_Pair&aID=603J&merchID=4006

Thanks for the serious and quick replies.

Right now I'm using a couple pieces of black foam (sheet) rubber to protect the strap from the transom (the one time a year my boat leaves my driveway). But, the foam rubber is getting beat up.

I like the idea of these but, don't like the yellow color. I'd want them in black. I'm thinking I could just take some black sheet rubber and put a couple of slits in either end of them and I'm done. Plus, these things are $6 but, $7 to ship.

Thanks for the serious and quick replies.

Right now I'm using a couple pieces of black foam (sheet) rubber to protect the strap from the transom (the one time a year my boat leaves my driveway). But, the foam rubber is getting beat up.

I like the idea of these but, don't like the yellow color. I'd want them in black. I'm thinking I could just take some black sheet rubber and put a couple of slits in either end of them and I'm done. Plus, these things are $6 but, $7 to ship.

save your money for ski toys. use an old pair of undies or a rag .thats what i have done for years

Edited by foiler1

save your money for ski toys. use an old pair of undies or a rag .thats what i have done for years

Do you ever get skid marks on the back of your bu? Biggrin.gif

Since you said "undies" I'll assume it's the wife’s and not yours. That may also provide better color options.

Note: This thread is going down hill fast!

I buy the big sack of microfiber towels sold at Costco for wiping my boat down. I just use a couple of those folded up under the straps...works good and they are always

handy. Those microfibers are awesome. You can wash and dry them and reuse until they aren't as absorbent and then they become nice rags for whatever other jobs you might have.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old subject but i found some sweet tie downs with the pad built into the strap and you can get them in a varity of colors. now you don't have to worry about losing your socks or panties.

take a look here. http://customtiedowns.com/tie-downs/boat-gunwale-tie-downs/