Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MUX Switches

malibu323538

Can someone explain the facts on MUX switches? Was there a recall to correct some issues with the switches? How long should they stay on after the boat has been turned off. I've read 15 minutes and 30 minutes. Mine stay on all the time. Can the time they stay on be programmed?

There should be an All Off button programmed on one of the switches, especially on a 2010. I thought I read somewhere on here that it was part of a Make it Right program to go back and reprogram the switches dating back to the 2008 model year. I would certainly contact your dealer to get this done.

There should be an All Off button programmed on one of the switches, especially on a 2010. I thought I read somewhere on here that it was part of a Make it Right program to go back and reprogram the switches dating back to the 2008 model year. I would certainly contact your dealer to get this done.

Yes there is an All Off button that will turn off all the switches after a few seconds. But they used to turn off after a delay (not sure how long). Now they will just stay on until they drain the battery if I don't use the All Off button. Probably need to discuss it with the dealer and see if it needs to be reprogrammed or something. Was hoping it was something I could do myself.

Yes there is an All Off button that will turn off all the switches after a few seconds. But they used to turn off after a delay (not sure how long). Now they will just stay on until they drain the battery if I don't use the All Off button. Probably need to discuss it with the dealer and see if it needs to be reprogrammed or something. Was hoping it was something I could do myself.

The lights will stay on for 30 minutes, unless you use the ALL OFF switch on the panel to the right of the steering wheel. And, according to Malibu, the 30 minute time frame cannot be changed. I went thru all this with the factory when they performed several warranty items on a 2010 Response LXI.

But the lights that are on will have a minimal drain on the batterie(s)....they could be on for hours, even days. SO if they don't turn off after that 30 minutes, then there is something wrong.

Edited by jkendallmsce

I would definitely talk to your dealer about it. If the All Off is not used they should still shut down after 15 or 20 minutes. I can see how coming out to a dead battery would be extremely frustrating.

Can someone explain the facts on MUX switches? Was there a recall to correct some issues with the switches? How long should they stay on after the boat has been turned off. I've read 15 minutes and 30 minutes. Mine stay on all the time. Can the time they stay on be programmed?

It does say in the manual that the MUX lights stay on for 30 minutes.

Thanks for the info. I'll need to check with the dealer to see why they won't turn off. It sounds like something that not uncommon and they should be able to handle it. Everything is still under warranty.