Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

old school

h60swimmer

I looked all over the "show your rig" thread and I haven't seen any old school malibus (pre 2000) I have a 92 Euro f3.....pictures to come...anyone out there with old school bu's...pics would would be great...

I looked all over the "show your rig" thread and I haven't seen any old school malibus (pre 2000) I have a 92 Euro f3.....pictures to come...anyone out there with old school bu's...pics would would be great...

Problem is all the pics of my first Malibu (91) Euro skier are on film, digital wasn't around much back then... Yikes that was a long time ago Shocking.gif

Although not old school, so to speak, I would like to see some ski boats without towers. I guess because ours doesn't have a tower...yet. We haven't decided if we want to put one on because we like the way it looks really low in the water.

Although not old school, so to speak, I would like to see some ski boats without towers. I guess because ours doesn't have a tower...yet. We haven't decided if we want to put one on because we like the way it looks really low in the water.

Our Response is brand new - But it's a CB and no tower! ;)

My Gallery

Although not old school, so to speak, I would like to see some ski boats without towers.

I'll take one later today....I got no rollbar on the sporty. Crazy.gif

We haven't decided if we want to put one on

Consider carefully whether you want to do that...I ski behind two different RLXi's, one with a tower (w/speaker, racks,...) and one without. The one without definitely has a smaller, softer wake. Not that the one with the tower is unskiable, it still has a very nice wake, but the one w/o is better. Yes.gif

Here's my 94 Echelon LX, more pictures in my gallery.

I have to say that I don't notice any difference in my wake now that I have a tower than when I did not, although the ProFlight tower is very light and I do not have it loaded with speakers.

post-292-1132334265_thumb.jpg

Edited by MIKEGOUGH1
Although not old school, so to speak, I would like to see some ski boats without towers.

I'll take one later today....I got no rollbar on the sporty. Crazy.gif

We haven't decided if we want to put one on

Consider carefully whether you want to do that...I ski behind two different RLXi's, one with a tower (w/speaker, racks,...) and one without. The one without definitely has a smaller, softer wake. Not that the one with the tower is unskiable, it still has a very nice wake, but the one w/o is better. Yes.gif

I hear'ya. We'll probably leave it alone. It looks soooo good.

I wish I could upload pictures, but I haven't become a paying member yet.

Our Response is brand new - But it's a CB and no tower! ;)

My Gallery

Sweet boat.

There is something really cool about a ski boat's low profile in the water. Especially the Responses. Yes.gif

Well I know the Titan tower only weights 60 pounds, not really enough to change the wake that much.

60 pounds for the tower...+ speakers, lights, racks,...it turns into a couple hundred pounds (or more) real quick and that is like having an extra person (or two) in the boat.

Problem is all the pics of my first Malibu (91) Euro skier are on film, digital wasn't around much back then... Yikes that was a long time ago Shocking.gif

Have ya heard of a scanner? :lol:

Well, while the subject has turned to lamenting somewhat:

our 2000 VLX that got sold for a 2004 sunscape brought tears to my mom's eyes!! The night before we sold it, while I was waxing it up, she came running out of the house and pled with me and Dad not to sell. It was a moment that was only topped when he and I showed up with the replacement!

off topic...yes...

nonetheless, we have had pre-2000 bu's...I miss 'em!!!

Style facto' fo' sho'...

a lot more people can afford a new boat than can appreciate a pre-000 ski boat...props to those representin!!!

I agree with all of you guys about the "low profile look"...I remember when I was little and I saw a "nice ski boat" for the first time it was an early 90's nati......I love the way my 92 malibu looks in the water.....I will get a pic.

I don't think I can load a picture of my '92 Flightcraft but if anyone wants to see a low, sleek boat it is pictured on Jason's site.

OldHickory

PS I use the same user name there.

Edited by OldHickory