Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Imagine having this guy on your lake....

arrydjay

At least half of the monster wake boats we see are "booty" boats that don't even have board racks but have enormous sound systems, pa's, and lights galore. Saw me an X80 with a stripper pole instead of a ski pylon once... Keep in mind that larger Mailibi are not excepted from douche ownership.

I always wonder who is riding those huge, wide wakes?? are there that many pro level riders?

With A LOT of weight they do surf decently though!

That video says it all. The benefits of that boat are : 3 trailer improvements (none new for 2009) and spinner racks, also not new for 2009. Maybe their extra gusset support/head banger is new for '09. The demo of the boat shows how it can do figure 8s just like the Rinkers can!! The only time they showed a wake was when they pushed out that washed out piece of junk past the rail. Now it's obvious what audience they're going after.

At least half of the monster wake boats we see are "booty" boats that don't even have board racks but have enormous sound systems, pa's, and lights galore. Saw me an X80 with a stripper pole instead of a ski pylon once... Keep in mind that larger Mailibi are not excepted from douche ownership.

I always wonder who is riding those huge, wide wakes?? are there that many pro level riders?

Sounds good to me!!! :rockon:

I don't even know where to start with this video. The improvements they talked about are things Malibu has been doing for years :crazy: Funny how they admittedly had to "beef up" their tower with extra supports. I would love to gather around a 4" screen with a bunch of dudes and watch our our sets :crazy:

I like the removeable cooler, and the spinner racks. Sorry to sound stupid, but does Malibu have that? I know the Echelon model very well. The 23 LSV a little bit. I don't get out much.

I like the removeable cooler, and the spinner racks. Sorry to sound stupid, but does Malibu have that? I know the Echelon model very well. The 23 LSV a little bit. I don't get out much.

Yea you don't. :crazy:

Removeable cooler... Malibu has the soft cooler that fits in the under seat cooler behind the driver in (almost) all their V-drive boats. Frankly I think Supra had the sweet setup years ago with the Coleman cooler & upholstered lid.

Spinner racks.... Malibu doesn't have the swivel as an integral part of the tower legs like MC does. But you can install a variety of swivel racks on any of the Malibu towers. I have a pair of CompTech swivel foil racks on my Titan II.

Excellent use of the plural form! It cracked me up to see the dude standing up the whole time! Pretty stupid demo, but it looked fairly nimble for a huge boat. He talks about how the boat puts out a good ski wake, you're kidding me! Anyway, I think the commentator is the stupidest thing about the video, cause I'd take an X45 if someone offered me one!

Excellent use of the plural form! It cracked me up to see the dude standing up the whole time! Pretty stupid demo,

Hahaha I just watched the Video again to see and he never did sit down one time, pretty stupid demo indeed!

"It's a competition ski boat" HAHAHAHA, I skied behind one and wow did I have to stop and bend my knees to cross the wake - even my 08 bu kicked that things a$$ not to mention the new 2011

The Mastercraft spinner racks have a nice ratcheting mechanism to lock in your boards, but you only get 1 rack per side (I need 2 per side) and the new swivel racks from Malibu have a better/simpler swivel mechanism and I prefer them even though they still use the bungee cord method.

too bad those boats are so damn heavy and ride so high in the water you need extra ballast to have a decent wake, they top out at 36mph, and it handle like a house boat...

good thing that goof is in Texas - is he practicing figure 8's for competition tubing? :crazy:

Edited by DexterLSV

"It's a competition ski boat" HAHAHAHA, I skied behind one and wow did I have to stop and bend my knees to cross the wake - even my 08 bu kicked that things a$$ not to mention the new 2011

The Mastercraft spinner racks have a nice ratcheting mechanism to lock in your boards, but you only get 1 rack per side (I need 2 per side) and the new swivel racks from Malibu have a better/simpler swivel mechanism and I prefer them even though they still use the bungee cord method.

too bad those boats are so damn heavy and ride so high in the water you need extra ballast to have a decent wake, they top out at 36mph, and it handle like a house boat...

good thing that goof is in Texas - is he practicing figure 8's for competition tubing? :crazy:

I will be straightforward in that I own a 45.

It is for sale, and the next boat is probably going to be a Malibu.

Having said that, I still would like to see the truth be spoken. My boat does 43MPH at 3,000 feet above sea level, and it is seriously propped down. I have the 8.1L engine. There might be some with the 350 HP engine that can't get over 36MPH...Malibu is smart enough to not allow the 247 to be built with the 350HP monsoon for a reason.

It doesn't make sense to say that the boat is 'so damn heavy' that it needs extra ballast. The stock wake is already decent. But yes, I put in extra ballast to make it better. With my buddy's 247, I love it just stock and full ballast. With just an extra 1,000-1200 pounds over stock, the wake is bigger than the 247 with stock and wedge.

my wife fondly refers to these guys as "posers"....................

I don't even know where to start with this video. The improvements they talked about are things Malibu has been doing for years :crazy: Funny how they admittedly had to "beef up" their tower with extra supports. I would love to gather around a 4" screen with a bunch of dudes and watch our our sets :crazy:

I thought the same thing. The funniest part is he is pointing at this tiny little screen and refers to it as "large". ROFL.gif