Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Safe to run boat without thermostat?

wakeboarder3780

Oh ya.... wakeboarder3780 you get a big + on your man card. :thumbup:

Would that be for the mustache? :unsure: Or for riding in 39° air / 38° water? :dontknow:

:lol: Cue the 70's p0rn music.... :rofl:

riding in low temps get you man points :rockon:

Mustaches just give you creeper points when you're my age. People expect you to attempt to abduct their children the second they look away. :(

No worries guys, I put the t-stat back in (it was actually very easy now that the housing had been split and was easily movable. I didn't even remove the hoses from the housing, just the 3 bolts tipped them apart and slipped it in.

I rode last night here in Wausau, WI. It was 39 degree air temp and lightly raining / 38 degree water temp. With the dry suit / neoprene booties / closed toe bindings / ski gloves / neoprene face mask it, it wasn't too bad. It was totally worth it to see the wake with the new wedge I installed (way more peaky than without a wedge!).

Well anyhoo here's a shot on the swim deck after riding. I happen to have a mustache for "Movember" right now so the pic is extra stylin.

http://img33.imagesh...tachesmall.jpg/

Thanks for all the advice!

PS had a big scare for a second when emptying ballasts. The ballasts completely stopped working on the center and rear left tank. I had about 6 hours before it was going to hit freezing temperatures so I was really starting to get nervous (new boat, didn't know a whole lot about it yet). Turns out it was the little breaker switches underneathe the panel where the cd player is (down by the cup holder, look up and you'll see it). I was excited that I wasn't going to have to replace fuses, or jimmy rig jumper cables to my ballast pumps ;)

Sweet! Glad to hear it went well! That is hard core boarding! Rockon.gif Glad to hear the new Bu ran well! Thumbup.gif

What's wrong with Slingshot? Those boards are great. They sure save my knees when I case the second wake or land deep in the flats. I was unaware anyone was opposed to them. If you haven't tried a flex board I would highly recommend it. Not only does it save my knees, but it's also really satisfying to do manuals with the board. A very realistic feel compared to solid boards.

Edit: Also I heard a bunch of crap about how the pop is uber amazing before i bought one. I don't agree with this. I don't they have bad pop, but it's nothing special. The real treat is how forgiving the flex is.

Also if anyone *does* dislike flex boards and they're looking to get rid of one, just let me know and maybe I can help you out with that problem ;)

Edited by wakeboarder3780