Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HO A2 experiance?

thealy

Has anyone had the chance to ski the HO A2 yet? I am in the market for a new ski A1, A2 or S1? I am 205lbs so I need something that will give me optimal speed.

I just checked the more "slalom specific" sites and it doesn't seem that anyone outside of factory sponsored skiers has ridden an A2 yet. I'm loving my A1. I'm scared to ride an A2 because my wife will KILL me if I buy another high-end ski so soon. :lol:

A2 is not out yet, just the S1 with new graphics. If your not stuck on an HO look at the Strada ($1,100 or Vice $650) I have the A1 and Strada and I prefer the Strada right now. The vice is the same ski as the strada but made of different materials. I think there is a little bit of fiberglass and not as much carbon. Trent Finlayson designed this ski.

A2 is not out yet, just the S1 with new graphics. If your not stuck on an HO look at the Strada ($1,100 or Vice $650) I have the A1 and Strada and I prefer the Strada right now. The vice is the same ski as the strada but made of different materials. I think there is a little bit of fiberglass and not as much carbon. Trent Finlayson designed this ski.

Made the switch from HO to Radar this year as well and haven't looked back. The A1 from everyone I know that skis it just takes sooo much time to dial it in. Nice ski, A1, just not sure it's worth the $$$$. I'll be interested in the A2 and its abilities’

OP, how fast you ski? I have a 68.75 A1 I could part with. Nice ski but I need to be going 36. Too big for me for that.

I didn't even know they made the A1 in 68.75. I ski at 34. Any idea what the weight raiting is for that?

I didn't even know they made the A1 in 68.75. I ski at 34. Any idea what the weight raiting is for that?

Heavy :)

I have skied mine up to 230lbs plus the weight of my gear and its been very supportive.

If I was 205 and lived in a temperate location where I'd have early and late season cold water with peak water temps in the mid 80's I'd go 67.5"

If I lived down south and had to deal with water temps in the 90's or hotter I'd go 68.75"

Thanks for the help for OP khaos, but per HO's website, the 67.5 is for 175-205, the 68.75 is for 200+.. FAR more important to ski sizing than water temperature is skier speed. And since that ski is for 34 and 36 mph skiers, there is nothing overly big about that ski for OP, especially at 34. In fact, I skied it this summer at 34, I weigh less than OP, and I preferred it to a 68" d3.

Khaos, where exactly "down south" with water temps in the "90s or hotter"? OP's location is in Minnesota anyway.

Edited by 85 Barefoot

Made the switch from HO to Radar this year as well and haven't looked back. The A1 from everyone I know that skis it just takes sooo much time to dial it in. Nice ski, A1, just not sure it's worth the $$$$. I'll be interested in the A2 and its abilities’

Hey, you know me! I set the A1 to 100% exact stock settings and 'have never looked back'. Hot water, cold water, it doesn't matter, the thing just goes where it's supposed to go when it's supposed to. I've never had this much fun skiing, nor did I ever expect to keep improving at this point. I've picked up a consistent average of 8 buoys since moving to the A1. I'd look at the A2 but there's no reason too at this point; it's no longer the ski holding me back.

Now... that said... it is not for everyone. Got a few neighbors who also love it, and a few who struggled and went back to their previous skis. Everyone should try before they buy, get what works for you.