Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

GoJak look-a-likes from Costco

I've been toying with the idea of buying 4 GoJaks for quite some time, but was never able to stomach the price. Yesterday, I was browsing Costco's website and came across these

Does anyone have any experience with this brand, or perhaps this specific product? It looks like you can buy a pair of these for the same price as one GoJak. It seems like a great deal, but I don't want to buy a tool that's just going to break down on me after a few uses.

Any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.

Edited by RedOwl

I'm not sure if this helps, but it looks like the ManSpace line is manufactured by Dannmar Equipment. That doesn't mean anything to me, but I thought maybe it would ring a bill for the more knowledgeable members on here.

dont have any experience with those, but 2 years ago, i bought 4 of these (http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/lifts-stands/1250-lb-capacity-mechanical-wheel-dolly-67287.html) and they have worked great. i only use them a couple of times a year, but they are pretty heavy duty. also, i think when i bought them, they were rated at 1500lbs, and not the 1250 that is listed.

dont have any experience with those, but 2 years ago, i bought 4 of these (http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/lifts-stands/1250-lb-capacity-mechanical-wheel-dolly-67287.html) and they have worked great. i only use them a couple of times a year, but they are pretty heavy duty. also, i think when i bought them, they were rated at 1500lbs, and not the 1250 that is listed.

X2 on HF! I was gonna say "check HF" but you beat me. I love that place.

Have no experience with the ones you are asking about. I have 4 sets of 4 of the original GO Jacks they are pricey but work very well. If you will not be using these every day they will work well from what I see in the pictures. One thing to remember if your floors have cracks or expansion joints these jacks will always find them and get stuck.

For the money and occasional use they will be fine. I may go to Cosco today and get a set for the shop and see how they work. Remember Cosco will take them back if you do not like them for any reason.

Have no experience with the ones you are asking about. I have 4 sets of 4 of the original GO Jacks they are pricey but work very well. If you will not be using these every day they will work well from what I see in the pictures. One thing to remember if your floors have cracks or expansion joints these jacks will always find them and get stuck.

For the money and occasional use they will be fine. I may go to Cosco today and get a set for the shop and see how they work. Remember Cosco will take them back if you do not like them for any reason.

I think they only have them online only....FWIW

I use the HF ones all the time. I use a pair on the front axle which allows me to easily swing my Sunsetter into my garage. They have worked great. I do have a small leak in one of them but never took it back. I expect that someday I will disassemble it and get some new O-rings for it, if I can find them. They even roll over the expansion joints in the floor relatively easy.

post-144-008985400 1289941017_thumb.jpg