Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Question reguarding putting antifreeze in block

Backfooter100

Quick question, decided to winterize the boat this afternoon....everything went fine up to the point when we started to put the antifreeze in the block,the boat had been sitting for a couple of hours since it had been warmed up to operating temp(when the thermostat opens i believe)

As we were adding the antifreeze we noticed that as the 1st gallon went in it was draining out of the HDF box shaft opening........after a quick check to make sure I had put everything back togethe, I had a thought....I have the dripless coupling on this boat....so if the thermostat is not up to temp and I am dumping antifreeze into my raw water intake hose, will the same hose that cools the prop shaft with water(the hose that runs from the tranny cooler to the dripless coupling) basicly just send the antifreeze to the dripless coupling and onto the garage floor ????

Or do I have bigger problems ????

PS-if it is the thermostat that is closed, is it a big deal to pull it out ???

Thanks

so if the thermostat is not up to temp and I am dumping antifreeze into my raw water intake hose, will the same hose that cools the prop shaft with water(the hose that runs from the tranny cooler to the dripless coupling) basicly just send the antifreeze to the dripless coupling and onto the garage floor ????

Yup, the drippless gets fed directly off the trans. cooler which gets it's raw water / antifreeze directly off the raw water pump regardless of engine temp.

PS-if it is the thermostat that is closed, is it a big deal to pull it out ???

nope.