Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Panel Material

flanders

I have noticed that all carpet covered panels,floor boards and kick panels in my Malibu are what looks like a black plastic or composite. I need to build a subwoofer enclosure and I think this non water absorbing material would work best. Does anyone know what it is called and where I can get a sheet to build my box.

Thanks

Yup, It's sheeted ABS plastic. You can get it at most industrial plastic supply houses. TAP plastics has it here in the states. Not too familiar with what they have up North. Watch out though, it's not cheap. If ypou are looking for a pre-fabbed composite sub enclousure, Exile has been manufacturing composite boxes as of lately that are drop in for most boats. Try Brianinpdx on here for more info, or give them a call from the website.Exile Audio

• Like 1

I have noticed that all carpet covered panels,floor boards and kick panels in my Malibu are what looks like a black plastic or composite. I need to build a subwoofer enclosure and I think this non water absorbing material would work best. Does anyone know what it is called and where I can get a sheet to build my box.

Thanks

Do a search on E-bay for "starboard" it generally comes in black and white and different thickness.

Terry

Edited by water_junky

Yup, It's sheeted ABS plastic. You can get it at most industrial plastic supply houses. TAP plastics has it here in the states. Not too familiar with what they have up North. Watch out though, it's not cheap. If ypou are looking for a pre-fabbed composite sub enclousure, Exile has been manufacturing composite boxes as of lately that are drop in for most boats. Try Brianinpdx on here for more info, or give them a call from the website.Exile Audio

Every time I hear mention of that type of plastic it reminds me of my days working in a factory that made all sorts of plastic spools and parts. I had to take a test on all the different types of plastics and ABS was the only one I remember.

Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene is what the acronym stands for. It's a very hard plastic.

Sorry for the off topic post.