Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sky Ski Stands

Bjrz

Does anyone have some pictures or experience in making a stand for a sky ski? The only thing I can find to purchase is the sky ski brand one but I'm worried that it won't be sturdy enough. I have pets that could easily bump into it and knock it out of that stand. Any help/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yea, I have 2 Border Collies who inevitably will be wrestling & knock the stand & ski all over. So I store the ski up against the wall on a shelf.

But you will find some ideas on FoilForum.

Nice one

Conventional rack.

Better yet, I just texted Jake at SkySki to ask him to snap a picture of the old Hydrofoil Inc folding rack he has in his garage. :rockon:

Heres a good thread with several examples of racks on the garage walls.... similar to what I do for mine.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I just take the wings off my t-bar, take the t-bar out of the seat and I lay the t-bar next to the ski on a shelf in the basement. Wings and all other accessories go inside a small bag that fits inside my ski (only) cover.

Here she is in my beer cellar. Kmart bag covering padded seat.

Image091.jpg

Edited by Pistol Pete

I just take the wings off my t-bar, take the t-bar out of the seat and I lay the t-bar next to the ski on a shelf in the basement. Wings and all other accessories go inside a small bag that fits inside my ski (only) cover.

Sorry Pete, but I gotta do it.....

This is why you only ride once in a while. I'm not about to unassemble & reassemble the whole ski 4 or 5 times a week in the summer...... much less once every 2 or 3 weeks now. :crazy:

I don't even pull the foil out of the seat if I don't have to. I bought a Chevy Avalanche specifically because I can get a full assembled foil, all my gear, 3 dogs, & my wife & I inside it.... plus the boat on the back..... and more recently 2 paddleboards on the roof.

Bill,

You got me beat for opportunitys to ride.

But, you've seen my rack set up in my boat, it's a piece of cake for me to break the t-bar from the seat. Two screws. So, I'm pretty used to it. Popping the wings off, no problem.

Anyways, to the OP, it would seem very easy (to me) to make a home made sky ski stand. I would never think of paying for one.

Edited by Pistol Pete

Yea, all the racks I posted are some variation of home built rack. Heres the one I mentioned in Jakes garage. Its made from plywood & a could of door hinges so it folds down when not in use.

DSCN0125.jpg

DSCN0128.jpg

Good luck on your project. Send us a couple of pics of your finished project when you get it done.