Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wakeskates

Toby

When im not chasing buoys, im wakeskating. I find it so much more fun and challenging than wakeboarding. one big plus is you can do it behind anthing with 20HP or more.

What does everyone ride? I have had a catalyst 2.0 for a few years now and have found it to be my favourite board i have ridden to date, and that includes many glass and wood decks, as well as bi levels. In the past few years several new companies have started making decks such as integrity and remote, mostly skate inspired wood layups.

With our dollar being worth more than the USD at the moment, we are going to order a pastura 40" remote deck. anyone ridden one? ive seen noting but good things. make varial flips look easy! ;)

I skate more than anything behind my boat. I am still riding a HL Anthem from 2008 since I spent all my money on surf gear this year. There is not really a bunch of skate info here. I have been watching the sport evolve for years and knew it would take a while to settle on a proper board design. I did a lot of research on some new boards in august. Integrity was recommended to me 90% of the time. That Remote deck looks nice. I think they are finally getting things dialed in.

www.wakeskating.com

^^^this was the best resource I could find.^^^ wakeworld.com has a skate forum, but it moves slower than christmas.

Edited by stroker-ace

When im not chasing buoys, im wakeskating. I find it so much more fun and challenging than wakeboarding. one big plus is you can do it behind anthing with 20HP or more.

What does everyone ride? I have had a catalyst 2.0 for a few years now and have found it to be my favourite board i have ridden to date, and that includes many glass and wood decks, as well as bi levels. In the past few years several new companies have started making decks such as integrity and remote, mostly skate inspired wood layups.

With our dollar being worth more than the USD at the moment, we are going to order a pastura 40" remote deck. anyone ridden one? ive seen noting but good things. make varial flips look easy! ;)

ride a 43 inch LF Armada.....love it, it is like a bar of soap with an edge when you need it......alot of fun

Have you tried skating the course, we been running 17mph at 22 off

I'll bet the toeside wake crossing can get interesting. :lol:

You're running the regulation course at 17 / -22 ?? Or the mini-course?

I'll bet the toeside wake crossing can get interesting. :lol:

You're running the regulation course at 17 / -22 ?? Or the mini-course?

Toe side isn't that bad if you keep it on edge thought the wakes.

Full regulation course and using the gates. Go at it just like you would on a ski.

We Wakeskate most of the time... I also have a catalyst., but have't tried too many different boards so I can't compare... I havent tried with shoes either yet but hope to get a pair for christmas... .

wow you dont ride with shoes! do you play football without a helmet also? ;) It is soooo much better riding with shoes IMO, way better control.

The reef byerly's ive had for a few years have been good. The latest on the block is the nike 6.0 line up. they make a morgan wake shoe. However most of the nike team ride in baraata's. it is a low profile skate shoe, super light and with a great sole. they will be my next pair for sure.

That's a lot of fun on a wakeboard....never tried a skate, that would be cool.

Like most wakeboard competitions used to be. :crazy:

wow you dont ride with shoes! do you play football without a helmet also? ;) It is soooo much better riding with shoes IMO, way better control.

The reef byerly's ive had for a few years have been good. The latest on the block is the nike 6.0 line up. they make a morgan wake shoe. However most of the nike team ride in baraata's. it is a low profile skate shoe, super light and with a great sole. they will be my next pair for sure.

I have 100 pair of Adidas Rod Laver and Stan Smith and they skate awesome. Perfect sole and the nylon mesh drains easily.

If you can't tell, I think wakeskate shoes are overrated. Just one more thing to unnecessarily throw money at when you have a closet full of old kicks.

I have 100 pair of Adidas Rod Laver and Stan Smith and they skate awesome. Perfect sole and the nylon mesh drains easily.

If you can't tell, I think wakeskate shoes are overrated. Just one more thing to unnecessarily throw money at when you have a closet full of old kicks.

what about chucks? I've got a couple of old pair... maybe it's time to tuck one on the boat (could be good for shore excursions too).

converse-chuck-taylor-all-star-33.jpg

go the chucks! the aussie versions of the cons chucks are called dunlop volleys... dont think you guys have them?

been around as long as chucks, and have a similar vibe.

800px-DunlopVolley.jpg

i know a few who ride in them.

Anyone ever make a home made Wakeskate? I was thinking about giving it a shot... :dontknow:

That's not a bad idea even though you can buy them all day for less than $100, doesn't seem like it would be too difficult and I've got extra hydroturf laying around!! Another winter project :thumbup: Let me know if you want to do it and we'll compare notes.

Edited by Ndawg12

Anyone ever make a home made Wakeskate? I was thinking about giving it a shot... :dontknow:

My dad and I tried making homemade skateboards back in the 80s. Not as easy as you think. You need to make a press and then you need to source really thin maple plies. By the time you do that, getting a chinese import hyperlite on sale for $80 starts making a lot of sense.

My dad and I tried making homemade skateboards back in the 80s. Not as easy as you think. You need to make a press and then you need to source really thin maple plies. By the time you do that, getting a chinese import hyperlite on sale for $80 starts making a lot of sense.

But that's no fun :biggrin: