Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Topic Title

BorderBoarder

Hi all,

First post and sorry so rushed, but found an '06 Malibu V-ride with Tower, Wedge, 900lbs ballast, single axle trailer, and 50-60 hrs. But they want me to move fast. Will see if they can meet me in a central location, as they are about 4hrs away, tomorrow to test. Seems like a good deal to me but what do you all think? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Edited by BorderBoarder

Hi all,

First post and sorry so rushed, but found an '06 Malibu V-ride with Tower, Wedge, 900lbs ballast, single axle trailer, and 50-60 hrs. Dealer just said they'd do 30K out the door but they want me to move fast. Will see if they can meet me in a central location, as they are about 4hrs away, tomorrow to test. Seems like a good deal to me but what do you all think? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Seems reasonable. I would definately give it a good scrub if all goes well on the test drive you should be in pace to get a good deal.

Check link below.

http://www.claz.org/all.html?q=vride

I would definatly jump on this deal, as long as its legit. It seem almost to good to be true. There are a lot of Vrides out there going anywhere from 35 - 40 k.

Good luck.

Sounds like good value if all checks out. Only thing I would be leary of is single axle trailer. There is no way I would want to tow on a single axle trailer due to the weight. JMHO. Make sure you get to drive while towing so you can see how it pulls. Good Luck sounds like a great deal.

White Lightning :thumbup:

I've been looking at V rides and LSVs for months, and I think it's a great price for an 06. There's an 05 floating around for $28K on CL, and that's also non-negotiated, so it might be worth checking out first. Either way there are always subtle differences in each setup and a few thousand here or there to be pondered. At some point, you've got to go with the one that you like best!!! Good luck. You can't go wrong (unless you bought a bayliner)

It sounds like a good deal.... considering the trailer. I paid a hair more than that last year for an 06 with 180 hours, but it did come with a double axle trailer. Is trailering every weekend in your future? If so, and you have to end up replacing the trailer, a good deal turns to "meh," pretty quickly.

Hi all,

First post and sorry so rushed, but found an '06 Malibu V-ride with Tower, Wedge, 900lbs ballast, single axle trailer, and 50-60 hrs. Dealer just said they'd do 30K out the door but they want me to move fast. Will see if they can meet me in a central location, as they are about 4hrs away, tomorrow to test. Seems like a good deal to me but what do you all think? Thanks in advance for your responses.

That would be enough to make me move slow.

That's a ridiculously smoking deal. I think that boat should be worth 45-50k :whistle:

J/K, I agree with Bill, it's priced right. But I'd be leery of the fact that they're pushing you to move fast. Have the boat inspected by a 3rd party.

Boat was advertised nationally for a price (don't remember what it was) with a tandem axle trailer, but dealers are free to order whatever trailer they want with a particular boat.

What kind of tower and wedge? Does it have a stereo? Type of engine?

Didn't vrides come standard with tandem axle or was that later years?

The cruise, depth sounder, vinyl all in perfect condition?

They all came with cruise in 06. Depth was not standard, but can be added for about $400.

Will add that for 30k on the 05, it was in great shape, well kept, no issues with interior, triple ballast, wakeboard pro perfect pass, depth, titan III tower with racks, had manual wedge. Was listed at 36k and they took 30k

Hi all,

bought an 07 (new zero hours on it) december last year, mid 30's full 3 year warranty, tandem axel trailer, floating wedge but only had center ballast (had now has rears, bow etc ....Thumbup.gifThumbup.gif. I thought I got an amazing deal this sounds similar.........as the first 20 hours are a pain in the ##S anyway consider it now just broken in.

PM me if you want more info

bought an 07 (new zero hours on it) december last year, mid 30's full 3 year warranty, tandem axel trailer, floating wedge but only had center ballast

Unreal. My boat sold new in 05 for over $51k. I paid over $10k less for it when it was 2 yrs old & had about 140 hrs on it. It's pretty loaded, but still amazing how much they have dropped in a short time. :Doh:

We bought ours used in August of 2008. 05 V-ride 190 hours. Just an FYI to help you get a fix on prices.

Titan 3

Monsoon 340

Heater

Shower

3 Ballast

Samson double 7s

Sub

4 interior speakers and Pioneer Deck/ Kicker amp

Cover

Titan Board Racks

Bimini

Manual wedge

Tandem Axle Trailer

33K..... The seller was a super nice guy spent the whole day on the water before we bought. He is the one that taught us how to surf! Oh yea he threw in the surf rope and a whole bunch of life jackets.

Edited by Ruffdog

Unreal. My boat sold new in 05 for over $51k. I paid over $10k less for it when it was 2 yrs old & had about 140 hrs on it. It's pretty loaded, but still amazing how much they have dropped in a short time. :Doh:

I know, I was blown away, up here in Canada I should have paid over 50 for it. awesome boat......great deal........think alot of it has to do with the "global" economy.

now I have spent about 6k in upgrades, closed cooling, 750 rear sacks, heaters, evolution cover etc...so I am getting up there.

bottom line I love the boat and feel good about the price.....and hey I put just over 130 hours on it in its first year

I wouldn't worry about the single axle trailer. I believe the 05 V-ride is the same hull as the late 90's sunsetter vlx's and early 00's wakesetter vlx. Tons of those are sitting on single axle trailers. There are pluses to both single and double axle trailers. Doubles obviously tow better on the highway, but singles are easier to manipulate around (getting into the garage, etc).

Thanks for all the replies.

I went ahead and made the deal. I went up to Austin and test drove it on Friday. Boat was stored on racks at lake Travis and apparently the previous owner hardly used it. Fired it up and hour meter read 32.8, it was bought and serviced through this dealer and they searched their records and it has the original ECM. It has the optional rear ballast tanks and manual wedge, single axle trailer, bow filler, wind dam, the illusion X tower with 2 racks and 2 basic tower speakers. It has a sony cd player, not sure of model as I am not that big into stereo's, fosgate speakers, bimini top, full cover. Only blemishes seen so far are a few minor cuts in vinyl under cooler front cushion, looks like a pet might have chewed on or something. Speaker screws are rusty. Dealer replaced two of the ballast plastic ballast pumps and fully tested fill and drain. Also the chrome on dash and some of the Malibu emblems is oxidizing, is this something that commonly happens? Boat ran great though and got it for an even $30K out the door. So far I feel like I got a good deal on it. Will try and post some pics soon.

There are no other tears on the vinyl but there are a few stains/ dirty marks. I'll do a search but any quick suggestions on best way to clean the vinyl? Thanks again and looking forward to being a Bu owner, I have wanted one since my folks bought a Sunsetter LX new in '99.

Thanks for all the replies.

I went ahead and made the deal. I went up to Austin and test drove it on Friday. Boat was stored on racks at lake Travis and apparently the previous owner hardly used it. Fired it up and hour meter read 32.8, it was bought and serviced through this dealer and they searched their records and it has the original ECM. It has the optional rear ballast tanks and manual wedge, single axle trailer, bow filler, wind dam, the illusion X tower with 2 racks and 2 basic tower speakers. It has a sony cd player, not sure of model as I am not that big into stereo's, fosgate speakers, bimini top, full cover. Only blemishes seen so far are a few minor cuts in vinyl under cooler front cushion, looks like a pet might have chewed on or something. Speaker screws are rusty. Dealer replaced two of the ballast plastic ballast pumps and fully tested fill and drain. Also the chrome on dash and some of the Malibu emblems is oxidizing, is this something that commonly happens? Boat ran great though and got it for an even $30K out the door. So far I feel like I got a good deal on it. Will try and post some pics soon.

There are no other tears on the vinyl but there are a few stains/ dirty marks. I'll do a search but any quick suggestions on best way to clean the vinyl? Thanks again and looking forward to being a Bu owner, I have wanted one since my folks bought a Sunsetter LX new in '99.

Yes, unfortunately that's normal but Malibu will replace them under warranty, when did the original owner take delivery and how much time is left on your warranty? Definitely transfer the lifetime hull warranty.

Clean the vinyl real well with a starbrite or 303 product and let it sit out in the sun for a couple days. Believe it or not the sun will "bleach" most stains away in a day or 2. I would've never believed it until I saw it firsthand :thumbup:

Congrats on the new boat. Just like me, bought just in time for winter :yahoo: nothing like drinking beers in my garage...in a boat, dreaming on spring. Maybe I'll add a lake mural to my garage wall for effect.

Well I got a few pics of rig when I took to the lake today but can't seem to figure out how to post them on here, maybe I just can't find the "attachment" icon..