Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Time to renew my insurance

stroker-ace

I'm in the $300 range with BoatUS too. No claims so far. My replacement value is only like 12,000 (essentially the value of the boat).

$250.00 deductibles, can have 4 drivers as "operators" of the boat. I believe that includes roadside help.

They inluded subscriptions to two magazines of my choice. I get Yachting and Waterski.

Steve B.

thanks for resurrecting this thread. i have to renew by 12/10. so, no bonafide stories of Ski Safe denying claims? i would imagine the droppage of coverage and the denial of claims may have had something to do with the change of backing. does progressive depreciate your boat's value? not knocking anyone here, just trying to compare.

I called Global Marine for a quote today. It was $187.00 per year for the coverage below, and is underwritten by ACE Marine (H20 Ski Plus-USA). My insurance is currently through American Family and is $600 per year. American Family just raised my rate by $200 per year and when I asked why they said it is because my boat is 10 years old and it begins to be hard for them to find replacement pasrt at that age. It is for the same coverage unless I am overlooking something. The

My boat is stored in a garage when not in use. I asked if the boat could be used 12 months a year and was told yes. I know some companies specify a certain number of months lay up per year. They asked my age (53), if I have had any tickets in the last 5 years (no), how many years I have owned a boat (21), if I have ever had a boating safety course (no), how many boats I have owned (3), if I have ever had a claim (one in 2004), what length the boats were (18-21'), and how & where my boat is stored.

2000 Malibu Response closed bow with 365 hp engine

$14,500.00 Agreed value hull coverage for boat with $250.00 deductible

$2,500.00 Actual cash value for trailer with $250.00 deductible

$1,000.00 towing

$300,000.00 P & I Liability

$5,000.00 Medical

$300,000.00 Uninsured boater

$2,500.00 Sports equipment

Has anyone had any claim experience with Global Marine or H20 Ski Plus USA? I know some forum members are in the insurance business. Is there a reason why this seems to be such a cheap deal compared to my current insurance?

Another vote for Progressive. Had a claim last year for just the trailer (complete replacement; trailer was in garage that had a fire), and they replaced it with no hassle at all. Surprise - this year my premium when down $100!

Has anyone had any claim experience with Global Marine or H20 Ski Plus USA? I know some forum members are in the insurance business. Is there a reason why this seems to be such a cheap deal compared to my current insurance?

I worked with USA Waterski & USA Hydrofoil for some time when they were associated with SkiSafe (3 or 4 years ago?). Due to issues with claims & coverage, USA Waterski & it's affiliates dropped SkiSafe & moved to a relationship with Global Marine. That relationship went much better for competitions & on a personal level for many members.

In my experience if all you do is ski with your own immediate family, then you are good to go with SkiSafe. The problems start when you start doing anything slightly abnormal, ie; wakeboard with ballast on board, using custom made/installed towers, ride a hydrofoil of any kind, parasail, wake sail, any kind of competition where people not in your immediate family might be driving your boat, etc. Ask them point blank about doing things like this on your boat & they will start writing exceptions & charging you as they see fit.

I worked with USA Waterski & USA Hydrofoil for some time when they were associated with SkiSafe (3 or 4 years ago?). Due to issues with claims & coverage, USA Waterski & it's affiliates dropped SkiSafe & moved to a relationship with Global Marine. That relationship went much better for competitions & on a personal level for many members.

In my experience if all you do is ski with your own immediate family, then you are good to go with SkiSafe. The problems start when you start doing anything slightly abnormal, ie; wakeboard with ballast on board, using custom made/installed towers, ride a hydrofoil of any kind, parasail, wake sail, any kind of competition where people not in your immediate family might be driving your boat, etc. Ask them point blank about doing things like this on your boat & they will start writing exceptions & charging you as they see fit.

thanks, Bill and Bill :thumbup:

looks like I have a few calls to make.

I called Global Marine for a quote today. It was $187.00 per year for the coverage below, and is underwritten by ACE Marine (H20 Ski Plus-USA). My insurance is currently through American Family and is $600 per year. American Family just raised my rate by $200 per year and when I asked why they said it is because my boat is 10 years old and it begins to be hard for them to find replacement pasrt at that age. It is for the same coverage unless I am overlooking something. The

My boat is stored in a garage when not in use. I asked if the boat could be used 12 months a year and was told yes. I know some companies specify a certain number of months lay up per year. They asked my age (53), if I have had any tickets in the last 5 years (no), how many years I have owned a boat (21), if I have ever had a boating safety course (no), how many boats I have owned (3), if I have ever had a claim (one in 2004), what length the boats were (18-21'), and how & where my boat is stored.

2000 Malibu Response closed bow with 365 hp engine

$14,500.00 Agreed value hull coverage for boat with $250.00 deductible

$2,500.00 Actual cash value for trailer with $250.00 deductible

$1,000.00 towing

$300,000.00 P & I Liability

$5,000.00 Medical

$300,000.00 Uninsured boater

$2,500.00 Sports equipment

My insurance was also placed by Gloabal Marine with Ace Insurance.

Differences in my coverage was 29,000 Agreed Value with 580 deductable and 1,000,000 Liability

My premium is around $300

This was less than half the amount my homeowners/auto insurance company wanted...