Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

titan tower light

hyperlitenerd

Doing some christmas shopping for the boat at wakeside i came across this, http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/titan_...nchor_light_aal

has anyone bought this yet? How is it wired? how little wirring would it take to get it hooked up?

thanks in advance!

Chris

Good question. If you look at the gallery, it does not appear to have any wiring, but the description says it can turn on with your nav light toggle switch.

I like it, but at $130USD it seems pretty expensive, thats gonna pee me off when I order it.

Doing some christmas shopping for the boat at wakeside i came across this, http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/titan_...nchor_light_aal

has anyone bought this yet? How is it wired? how little wirring would it take to get it hooked up?

thanks in advance!

Chris

Good question. If you look at the gallery, it does not appear to have any wiring, but the description says it can turn on with your nav light toggle switch.

I like it, but at $130USD it seems pretty expensive, thats gonna pee me off when I order it.

Yeah the price is kinda hard to swallow, but thats so much better than the huge pole I have.

The gallery through me off too, i didnt see any wiring, but it says 30 min to install. I just wonder how they plan on doing it.

So why would you get a ticket?  Is this a new requirement?  Or would you use this in place of the rear pole?

The rear light has to be the tallest point and behind the red/green light. So yes, this would be a replacement. Although if you added a battery version to your boat you could keep the pole as a backup incase of dead battery. $120 is a steep price to pay for the 1 or 2 times a year I need lights.

I had to rig mine because in Mich. you need the light on 1 hour before sunset and we're usually out until the 1 hour after sunset limit. With my extended pylon we can't use the transom mounted light hole (the rope hits it). So we velcro the light pole onto the ext. pylon and I ran some wires to it. GHETTO!!! but it keeps the cops off my back.

That's not the only thing ghetto we do. I'm too embarrased to say the rest. :blush:

I had to rig mine because in Mich. you need the light on 1 hour before sunset and we're usually out until the 1 hour after sunset limit. With my extended pylon we can't use the transom mounted light hole (the rope hits it). So we velcro the light pole onto the ext. pylon and I ran some wires to it. GHETTO!!! but it keeps the cops off my back.

That's not the only thing ghetto we do. I'm too embarrased to say the rest. :blush:

:Doh: It never even dawned on me about the ski rope wraping around the light pole. Guess I never have anybody that wants to stay out that late so it's never been a problem before. Something to think about I guess.

I got one and it's pretty cool. As stated the wire goes through the bottom and will enter the tower just ahed of the tow spool. The only thing is Wakeside sent me "all the needed wire and hardware" (though it probably came from Titan) and the wire is waaaaay too short. I have not wired mine yet---too much to do before the Holidaze!

P