Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Tow Vehicle TIme - Sequoia or Tahoe or Denali?

jeremyk

Sequoia or Tahoe or Denali?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What tow vehicle would you get?

• 2011 Toyota Sequoia
    • 2011 GMC Denali
    • 2011 Chevy Tahoe

Hi

I had a 2007 Denal and now have a 2010 Sequoia Platinum. No Comparison! The Sequoia pulls better (better gearing I suspect), gets better gas mileage, has a useable 3rd row that is actually comfortable, has more useable space behing the 3rd row (and you can fold the 3rd row seats flat at the push of a botton vs hauling the seats out) and most importantly it is exceptionally well made. These things all add up to better resale so paying a bit of a premium is definitely worth it. In the winter, the Sequoia is the ultimate SkiMachine. I put on a set of Blizzaks and the thing is phenomenal on winter roads.

If you looking at a Denali with 2nd row Captains chairs and more than 2 kids then be prepared for a constant battle as the kids jockey for position to determine who gets stuck in the 3rd row....VERY uncomfortable as the seats sit on the floor so any child over the age of 12 will have their knees up around their chin. Our kids started calling the 3rd row the "Butt Killer"

In a span of 3 years and 85K kilometres my Denali went back to the dealer for two doors handles (both literally broke off in my hand) , 2 sets of door trim, rear power hatch quit working, 2 hitch covers (wouldn't stay attached), a worn out U-joint and the "piece de resistance"...the entire front suspension needed to be replaced at 81K kilometres (both front struts leaking badly - quoted $1800 - not covered by warranty). I've had the Sequoia for a year now with not one single problem. My Denali was Black and looked great but the trim and suspension issues left me vowing never to buy GM again. A $75k vehicle should NOT have trim falling off and be in need of a new front end in under 3 years!!

Go with the Toyota!!

Cheers

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeremyk

• jetskipro550

• srock

• Huelsmma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow lousy luck on the Denali. I dont blame ya for being miffed.My only complaint with the Tahoe is onstars turn by turn is worthless lol. $75k for a Denali hopefully thats not U.S. yikes.

Wow lousy luck on the Denali. I dont blame ya for being miffed.My only complaint with the Tahoe is onstars turn by turn is worthless lol. $75k for a Denali hopefully thats not U.S. yikes.

Nope... Canuck Loonies. haha. It was really disappointing. The Denali was great to drive but all the other issues always left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Too be honest, the only thing I really miss in the Sequoia is the heated steering wheel and remote start. Its currently 20 below here in Calgary and those two GM features were great.

I didn't mention that before the Denali I had a 2005 Tahoe LT. I didn't have the same issues and really liked the Tahoe. At that time I had a 19 foot Chapparal. The Tahoe pulled it fine, even in the mountains. My 21 foot Chapparal was all the Tahoe wanted though. The 5.3 L Tahoe would have been out gunned with the 25 footer which must be close to 6800-7000 lbs with the trailer. The Sequoia will cruise along all day at 110 km (70 mph) and will stay locked in 6th gear on fairly flat terrain.

Cheers

HaHa figured it couldnt be U.S.Thats good to know the yota pulls so good.My mind still says Camry not tow vehicle whenever i hear Toyota :crazy: Seems like Toyota is definately a player in the full size market ,options are good :)

• 2 weeks later...

As a GM employee, I obviously have to say GM!!! :) However, to be honest, the current generation of GM vehicles are great vehicles. Starting 2005 and forward I would reocmended all GM vehicles, except the Impala, lucerne, DTS, STS.

I just towed my new to me boat (wakesetter vlx) from Florida to Michigan with a 2010 Tahoe LTZ 5.3L. Power wise it was fine, had to downshift to 5th or 4th up the hills in Kentucky, but did fine overall. Averaged 10.5 mpg over 1150 miles, with the cruise set on 75. The best part of the Tahoe is the rear load leveling air suspensions. Makes the rear seem like nothing is there.

Both the Toyota and GM trucks will be great, but with one you support your country, and with the other Japan :/

I have a 2010 Sequoia Platinum and like it a lot. It definitely has more room than the Tahoe/Denali. It's not even close. I looked at both and went with the Toyota. Here's what I don't like about it. XM / iPod interface isn't that user friendly, the cruise control kind of stinks (only increases and decreases in 5 mph increments). Other than that, I love it. Tows just fine but gas mileage when towing isn't great. About 9.5 towing the MB.

post-2539-007986400 1296502051_thumb.jpg

Hi

I had a 2007 Denal and now have a 2010 Sequoia Platinum. No Comparison! The Sequoia pulls better (better gearing I suspect), gets better gas mileage, has a useable 3rd row that is actually comfortable, has more useable space behing the 3rd row (and you can fold the 3rd row seats flat at the push of a botton vs hauling the seats out) and most importantly it is exceptionally well made. These things all add up to better resale so paying a bit of a premium is definitely worth it. In the winter, the Sequoia is the ultimate SkiMachine. I put on a set of Blizzaks and the thing is phenomenal on winter roads.

If you looking at a Denali with 2nd row Captains chairs and more than 2 kids then be prepared for a constant battle as the kids jockey for position to determine who gets stuck in the 3rd row....VERY uncomfortable as the seats sit on the floor so any child over the age of 12 will have their knees up around their chin. Our kids started calling the 3rd row the "Butt Killer"

In a span of 3 years and 85K kilometres my Denali went back to the dealer for two doors handles (both literally broke off in my hand) , 2 sets of door trim, rear power hatch quit working, 2 hitch covers (wouldn't stay attached), a worn out U-joint and the "piece de resistance"...the entire front suspension needed to be replaced at 81K kilometres (both front struts leaking badly - quoted $1800 - not covered by warranty). I've had the Sequoia for a year now with not one single problem. My Denali was Black and looked great but the trim and suspension issues left me vowing never to buy GM again. A $75k vehicle should NOT have trim falling off and be in need of a new front end in under 3 years!!

Go with the Toyota!!

Cheers

I was at the Portland Auto Show over the weekend and while taking a look at the 2011 Tahoe, noticed that the 3rd row seats were really thin and were sitting on the floor. I commented that those looked mighty uncomfortable. There were some nice features in the new Tahoe, but for the most part, I still like the features of my 2001 Tahoe.

I would like to retract my vote for the Toyota.

Do a google search for 'Toyota Air Induction Pump failure' and you will know what I mean.

You have to buy toyota, after all they are the only reliable do all vehicle that has or will ever live. Run don't walk and buy one now before they are all snatched up and you'll be left will in the dust.