Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Tow Vehicle TIme - Sequoia or Tahoe or Denali?

jeremyk

Sequoia or Tahoe or Denali?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. What tow vehicle would you get?

• 2011 Toyota Sequoia
    • 2011 GMC Denali
    • 2011 Chevy Tahoe

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeremyk

• jetskipro550

• srock

• Huelsmma

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

have the luxury of towing with both a Tahoe and a Sequoia - Tahoe have a better time pulling the hills as it had a bigger engine - the sequoia - gutless and the weight of the boat really squatted down the rear of the vehicle - couldn't open the back door at certain angles on the Sequoia as well - lastly the toyota has a very tiny back window - backing at the ramp was a pain - we now have a suburban as it's big enough for the fam and all the gear - we don't tow with anything in the racks - no room for that stuff in the sequoia FWIW

FWIW I had an 07 Tundra with the smaller 4.7L and 5 speed tranny. I got about 8.5 miles per gallon towing my vRide on the interstate at 65mph :crazy: It did fine power wise but you could certainly feel the boat back there. If you go with Toyota get the bigger 5.7L and the 6 speed tranny, especially if you do any long distance towing.

Edited by Ndawg12

towing in the west, where you could have long freeway slogs over mountain passes... I'd scratch the tahoe and go with the denali or the sequoia (with 5.7L). A 2x4 tahoe will tow just fine where it's flat. But when the road tips skyward for 20 miles the added power will be welcome.

Why isn't the escalade on the list? Or the new infiniti QX56?

We have two vehicles,one for the wife and one for me. We keep each vehicle two years so we trade hers or mine every year. I've had many Tahoes and moved up to Denali on the last one for her. It tows so easily that you don't know anything is behind you and I tow a 23' boat. Much better than the 5.3 in the Tahoe although the Tahoe did tow well. This year I did a new Silverado with the same engine/6 speed trans as the Denali. The Denali does so much better than the Tahoe on the handling and interior. The Denali is great for trips or long commutes. It is really comfortable. You probably know it's an Escalade rebadged as a GMC.

towing in the west, where you could have long freeway slogs over mountain passes... I'd scratch the tahoe and go with the denali or the sequoia (with 5.7L). A 2x4 tahoe will tow just fine where it's flat. But when the road tips skyward for 20 miles the added power will be welcome.

Why isn't the escalade on the list? Or the new infiniti QX56?

X2 on the bold

Isn't the Denali just an extra package? My parents bought and Envoy and got the Denali package so technically its called a Denali?

I'd go with the Tahoe, you can get the Denali package with that! :rockon: But I am a GM guy so I'm a little biased

Isn't the Denali just an extra package? My parents bought and Envoy and got the Denali package so technically its called a Denali?

I'd go with the Tahoe, you can get the Denali package with that! :rockon: But I am a GM guy so I'm a little biased

It may be a package option on the smaller GMCs but I pretty sure the Yukon/Tahoe's are not available with the 6.0L or even the 6.2L which is a shame.

I like the look of a 4x4 Tahoe with some nice after market wheels,but the 6.0L with the 6 speed is a better way to go towing so with those choices, GMC Denali.

I just got a 2011 Chevy 1/2ton truck at work w/5.3L and handed down My 2007 GMC 3/4ton with 6.0L you can easily tell the difference, especially with a load.

I voted for the Tahoe, but I really like the extra seats and longer wheelbase in the Suburban or Yukon XL. My Yukon XL pulls my boat over the Sierras a lot and doesn't miss a beat. Kinda cool I passed a Suburban last night with the same Malibu sticker on the rear window as mine.

Gm guy too...Yukon Denali is great, nicer in all ways than tahoe. But why not a new LR4?? Lol

Not a GM guy but the Tahoe is one of the best vehicles made in America. Suburban, Tahoe, Escalade, Yukon, will all be great.

any one of these will make you happy. Everyone I know who has one of these swears by them and many of them have high mileage but look and perform like new.

I love my 2009 Tahoe - I have 40,000 miles on it and I couldn't be happier. I do have the 6.2L V8 which was an available option in 09, that with with 6 speed trans makes it a towing beast. It is very comfortable and plenty of room - overall a great truck

If I were not a Toyota guy I would have a Denali. Great towing and love the styling.

Had a Tacoma, Then a Silverado, then a Tundra, and finally a 4runner (I have a small boat). All were great trucks but Toyota won my loyalty. I keep an open mind when I am due, but I look there first.

I do have the 6.2L V8 which was an available option in 09, that with with 6 speed trans makes it a towing beast. It is very comfortable and plenty of room -

overall a great truck

I thats the case of adding 6.2L then the Tahoe may b ur choice or adding that option may come out to same price as the Denali. Either way theyre great suvs i just needed my suv to fit inthe garage so i traded n the denali for a LR3.

Totally agree, our 08 5.3 tahoe is a slug going up long grades... I cringe every time I come home from Needles when its 95-110 degrees and watch the trans temp rise. Around the local lakes, the Tahoe is great.

The new Sequoia has to tow better then a Tahoe.

I thats the case of adding 6.2L then the Tahoe may b ur choice or adding that option may come out to same price as the Denali. Either way theyre great suvs i just needed my suv to fit inthe garage so i traded n the denali for a LR3.

In addition to having a long relationship with our local Chevy dealer I just like the look of the Tahoe better over the Denali... personal preference -- They are the same truck

Not sure if it matters but I believe the Sequoia is going away in 2012.

Personally I may get the 2011 Durango in a year or so. Really like the looks and size and the new GC frame and underpinnings are getting great reviews (The Durango rides on a lengthened GC frame).

I have an 05 Avalanche with the 5.3 & 4.10s..... same chassis as a Suburban. It did a good job pulling the Vride, both fully loaded, to Hells Canyon this summer.... and got almost 11 mpg doing it.

The bigger engines definitely have more power. If you settle on the 5.3, then be sure to get the gears so it'll tow better.