Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 Axis A22 - Chattwake.com boat

Chattwake

Hey guys. I haven't been on this forum in a while. I used to own a 2007 VLX and was on the forum alot back in '06, but ended up getting a sponsorship deal through Nautique and I had 3 SANTE 230's in a row. Well, this year, I decided to make the switch to Axis and I ordered a 2011 A22 on Saturday. I'll be the Axis Recon rider for the Chattanooga, Tennessee area - which is not to mean that I'm a particularly good rider - but if anyone wants a pull behind an A22 next year, let me know!

I was basically just wanting to introduce myself and share how stoked I am about my new boat. Unfortuantely, I don't have any pictures yet because the boat's being built. What I do have is a few photos of a 2010 A22 that was being built last year which will be very similar to mine. I definitely went a different direction this year, but I'm confident I made the right call for me. I'm looking forward to giving you guys helpful feedback during the course of 2011 on the new boat.

My 2011 will be very similar to the boat pictured, in that it will be solid black and will have no graphics. My interior will be slightly different and my system will be completely different as I will be doing a full Wetsounds setup.

z5_a22.jpg

axis6_255.jpg

axis5_114.jpg

axis3_211.jpg

axis1_564.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chattwake

• Malibuzer

• Ndawg12

• shawndoggy

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your experince with this boat. I saw one on the water last year and it was super sic. I'm currently trying to sell my Vride so I can order an Axis A20.

Hey guys. I haven't been on this forum in a while. I used to own a 2007 VLX and was on the forum alot back in '06, but ended up getting a sponsorship deal through Nautique and I had 3 SANTE 230's in a row. Well, this year, I decided to make the switch to Axis and I ordered a 2011 A22 on Saturday. I'll be the Axis Recon rider for the Chattanooga, Tennessee area - which is not to mean that I'm a particularly good rider - but if anyone wants a pull behind an A22 next year, let me know!

I was basically just wanting to introduce myself and share how stoked I am about my new boat. Unfortuantely, I don't have any pictures yet because the boat's being built. What I do have is a few photos of a 2010 A22 that was being built last year which will be very similar to mine. I definitely went a different direction this year, but I'm confident I made the right call for me. I'm looking forward to giving you guys helpful feedback during the course of 2011 on the new boat.

My 2011 will be very similar to the boat pictured, in that it will be solid black and will have no graphics. My interior will be slightly different and my system will be completely different as I will be doing a full Wetsounds setup.

z5_a22.jpg

axis6_255.jpg

axis5_114.jpg

axis3_211.jpg

axis1_564.jpg

Nice boat. You need to change your screen name to DarthVader Axis.... Stock up on some collinite wax and boat bling hot sauce.

Nice... I have seen your posts on various sites and saw you were selling the 230. I was hoping I would see an 11 AXIS. Sweet boat, with a perfect wake (as you already know).

That's a sweet looking boat, I just haven't seen it enough to get past the different windshield and tower configuration. Can anyone compare the interior space, at 22' does it feel closer to a newer 21'6" VLX or a 23' LSV?

That's a sweet looking boat, I just haven't seen it enough to get past the different windshield and tower configuration. Can anyone compare the interior space, at 22' does it feel closer to a newer 21'6" VLX or a 23' LSV?

Isn't it basically the 04-07 LSV hull? With the nose chopped off? I'd think it'd feel a lot like one of those, no?

Its in between a new VLX and new LSV. The cabin area is pretty close to a new VLX but the bow in the Axis is larger.

It's not the exact same hull as the old lsv. Some changes were made, which is why the wake is as good as it is.

The boat feels bigger than my '07 VLX for sure.

I definitely love the VLX and the LSV. I thought hard about going with a VLX this year, but for the money, you just can't beat the A22. Also, I love the A22 tower with the z5.

excellent. i have had high hopes for Axis. it is time to bring this sport down to earth. used nautique for $82k? that is exactly what I am talking about.

It must have been the 24 carat gold plated edition. Gold prices are up you know :) .

Ha ha it did have a z5 rack, wetsounds system, and a pumped out trailer. Yeah, boat prices are crazy right now.

That right there would do it for me and make me pay way to much :lol: .

As a side note, I'm working with a great new dealer now, Marine Outfitters, in Charleston, Tennessee. They are a Ronix, Hyperlite, Slingshot, wetsounds, fly high dealer. If any of you guys want a price on some gear, shoot me a pm and I'll see what I can do.

Also, the dealer has various used boats (some A22's) that it is selling. They may not be on the website. If anyone's looking for a price on a used A22, or doesn't have a local Axis dealer and wants to inquire about a new boat, let me know and I'll put you in touch with the right people I know of a used 2011, a 2010 and a 2009 A22 available for sale which can be shipped anywhere.

I called and talked to my friends at Axis. I was told that the A22 hull is actually a completely new hull. The engineers took aspects of the VLX hull and the LSV hull and combined them with an eye towards making a wake that is lippier when weighted than the traditional malibu wake. Also, certain changes were made to maximize handling despite the addition of the picklefork bow.

I can confirm is that the A22 and A20 both drive great weighted and unweighted. I actually was the first person to ever ride behind an A20 (Bishop and I pulled the prototype last season, made it ready, and tried it out). We threw a plug n play system in the boat, and added another thousand lbs on top of that, dropped the wedge, and the boat still drove like a champ - not to mention the fact that it threw a really really nice clean wake.

I'll be up for a pull in the spring! Where do you do most of your riding? I normally go up to Parksville Lake. Welcom back to the crew.

Edited by cyoda44