Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seat skin/covers

WakesetterE

Does anyone know if Chee still makes seat skins? I have attempted his at his supposed cell number of 209-564-6202, and get a generic answering machine. I left a message last week and this week yet no return call. I suspect that cell number may have changed since 2008. Anyone been in contact with him recently and have a good number for him? I read he does great work!

Thanks!

Cole

Does anyone know if Chee still makes seat skins? I have attempted his at his supposed cell number of 209-564-6202, and get a generic answering machine. I left a message last week and this week yet no return call. I suspect that cell number may have changed since 2008. Anyone been in contact with him recently and have a good number for him? I read he does great work!

Thanks!

Cole

Cole, I'll PM you...

Cole, I'll PM you...

Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. I'll do before and after shots and post them, after I run everything down. I'm hoping winter is a slow time, but we will see!

It took almost two years to get warranty vinyl replacement for mine. But at lest it's finally done, basically whole new interior on there dime so I guess I can't complain to loud.

Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. I'll do before and after shots and post them, after I run everything down. I'm hoping winter is a slow time, but we will see!

... I was waiting for someone to post up some info here too... Care to share?? :whistle:

I had him do some skins for me on my LSV and they looked like new!

... I was waiting for someone to post up some info here too... Care to share?? :whistle:

I had him do some skins for me on my LSV and they looked like new!

Same here. I've had him do work before but, I'd like to know if his contact info. has changed or if he's still doing this side work or what.

Yup, I know for sure he's still doing work. Had him quote on a few older boats I was looking at buying. He was prompt. Still the best option for any Malibu interior re-dos IMO. I know MA just talked to him to about fixing those weld burns on the sunsetter. Try again.

Yup, I know for sure he's still doing work. Had him quote on a few older boats I was looking at buying. He was prompt. Still the best option for any Malibu interior re-dos IMO. I know MA just talked to him to about fixing those weld burns on the sunsetter. Try again.

Yep, he's fixing what the welder burned up on my engine cover right now.

Sucks to think this engine cover was only two years old! Cry.gif

IMAG0078.jpg

I emailed customer service today at Malibu Boats ( [email protected] ) and gave them the following information -- year, make, and model. Jorge called me back today, advised the factory only made skins 7 years back. He said Chee just left for the day, but would call me tomorrow to discuss the repairs.

From this I believe Chee is still making skins, and he still works for Malibu. Will update further after tomorrow, as I wonder what cost and turn around time will be.

Edited by WakesetterE

I'd be going to a different welder from now on. There's no excuse for that.

Agreed. Ticks me off. That's the reason I haven't finished this project yet. Looking for a new stainless welder, but running out of time before I have to get the boat into storage.

Yep, he's fixing what the welder burned up on my engine cover right now.

Sucks to think this engine cover was only two years old! Cry.gif

IMAG0078.jpg

Was he welding your tower?

I emailed customer service today at Malibu Boats ( [email protected] ) and gave them the following information -- year, make, and model. Jorge called me back today, advised the factory only made skins 7 years back. He said Chee just left for the day, but would call me tomorrow to discuss the repairs.

From this I believe Chee is still making skins, and he still works for Malibu. Will update further after tomorrow, as I wonder what cost and turn around time will be.

WakesetterE

I ordered skins for the entire boat for my '02 VLX from Chee a few months back & have been waiting for the off-season to get the work done. I'm now looking for somebody to put them on & since I'm a little South of you thought I'd see who you might be using or if you have any suggestions.

Was he welding your tower?

Yep. The slag that dropped burned through the two blankets I had covering the dogbox and caught the top blanket on fire. Not cool. If someone TIG welds over your boat...make sure the tip is SHARP! For round two we covered the boat with 1" insulation and then layed a 3/4" piece of plywood from gunnel to gunnel and stood on that. Worked like a champ, but of course this time no slag dropped.

I should have the skin back Friday and have her back to normal. Yahoo.gif

Could someone please PM me Chee's contact info and number as well. Looks like I will be attempting a new interior this winter along with some other fixes.

Dude, read post #11 in this thread, that is the best way to get in touch with Chee.

• 3 months later...

Dude, read post #11 in this thread, that is the best way to get in touch with Chee.

i just tried to email the address from post #11 and got an delivery error. I'm trying to find contact info on the malibu website and Im not having any luck either. does anyone know the correct email address for the factory?

thanks,

scott

I contacted Jorge at Malibu approx a month ago and he was forwarding my boat specs and contact info to Chee???

Still have not heard back? :(

i just tried to email the address from post #11 and got an delivery error. I'm trying to find contact info on the malibu website and Im not having any luck either. does anyone know the correct email address for the factory?

thanks,

scott

I have a phone number kicking around somewhere... I'll try and find it and PM it to you.

I have a phone number kicking around somewhere... I'll try and find it and PM it to you.

thank you.

i filled out the generic 'contact' form as well. but his direct line would be great

thank you.

i filled out the generic 'contact' form as well. but his direct line would be great

Same story for me. I've been trying to reach Chee for about 2 weeks now. Call every other day or so, and leave a message about half the time.

No answer.

Other options are to go through malibu?

Could someone please send me Chee's contact info too. He has done work for me in the past and it was great. I have a cell number but it must not be right anymore.

Thank You

Same story for me. I've been trying to reach Chee for about 2 weeks now. Call every other day or so, and leave a message about half the time.

No answer.

Other options are to go through malibu?

There is a guy in the TN plat that also does work on the side, but I don't have any contact info.

A search may turn up his name at least.

• 2 years later...

One more for a contact number for Chee on the seat skins.. '04 with the first cushion going and suspect I'll need an answer for also in this next year or two.. Hopefully Chee is still producing covers.