Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Most Difficult Part of Winterization

I winterized by '08 WS VLX 340 last weekend end. I drained the oil out the tube through the drain hole, which took a long time, especially with the wind blowing and blowing the oil all over the ground, trailer, boat and equipment. But that wasn't the most difficult task for me. I tried putting the bimini top cover on the bimini by myself. The poles were whacking the tower speakers and the front support poles kept unfolding while I was trying to roll up the material. Finally got my wife out there to help and then I realized I could also remove the brackets from the bases by sliding the thumb button. Now if I can just remember how to put it all back together next spring.

Edited by MaddMaxx

The sad look of rejection from my baby. "Why are you doing this to me? It's really cold and lonely in there, I thought you loved me? Didn't I treat you right this summer? My oil is draining.....I feel......cold..............."

The sad look of rejection from my baby. "Why are you doing this to me? It's really cold and lonely in there, I thought you loved me? Didn't I treat you right this summer? My oil is draining.....I feel......cold..............."

:cry::plus1::cry:

Just a tip on the oil change. Rather than letting it drain, suck it out using one ofthose vacuum pumps. You can push the straw down thru the dipstick tube, get 98% of the oil out, then push the straw up thru the drain hose & get the other 2% out.

Depending on which pump you get, it could be too easy & no mess. Some pumps need to be pumped up more often than others. Or theres also the pumps that use the power from a drill. Either way, there is no problems with the wind. :rockon:

Also, be sure you drained the exhaust, engine & heater of all the water. Use a shop vac or an air compressor to blow it all out.

And check out the Crew's group buy for the Globe impellers. I open the engine, exhaust, shower & heater.... then bump start the engine for a second. DONE! :rockon:

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

The hardest part for me is that last 15 seconds where I run the boat on Antifreeze and fog the engine. I have to keep an eye on the bucket of antifreeze to make sure it doesnt run dry, keep an eye on the exhaust to make sure I get enough in and hold the throttle slightly open to spray the fogging oil. It all goes down in about 15-20 seconds.

I have it down to a science but that is the hardest part for sure. :crazy:

The hardest part for me is that last 15 seconds where I run the boat on Antifreeze and fog the engine. I have to keep an eye on the bucket of antifreeze to make sure it doesnt run dry, keep an eye on the exhaust to make sure I get enough in and hold the throttle slightly open to spray the fogging oil. It all goes down in about 15-20 seconds.

I have it down to a science but that is the hardest part for sure. :crazy:

My technique exactly !

My boat reminded me of HAL 9000 in 2001 a Space Odyssey at the end. "Dave, Dave, what are you doing dave? Daisy, Daisy..."

Steve B.

Refilling the tranny fluid. The hose and funnel was wedged in there but decided to move as I poured the last couple ounces in. I was chewing nails!! :mad:

Not to mention cleaning the bildge :Tease3:

Not to mention cleaning the bildge :Tease3:

No kidding, there's tubes and wires running all over in there, it took me longer to clean up the spillage than it did to extract and replace both the vdrive and tranny fluids :Doh:

Edited by Ndawg12