Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Went boarding today

Huelsmma

So its Nov 7th and I was still able to ride today in my board shorts and vest. Was a bit windy out since we had a cold front come through in Fl late week.

Just wondering how long those in FL ride during winter months. My buddy who has always lived in FL wouldnt get in today, but Im from Ohio and remember skiing in competitions during college when it was sleeting out.

Good for you man. I'm jealous, as I winterized my boat a couple of weeks ago and the weather's been nice ever since. We've been chasing deer and elk with no luck here. It's been an unusually warm fall so far. If we don't see some cold weather soon, I'm taking the boat back out.

And I was pi$$ed because I pulled my boat earlier then I wanted on Oct 30. we had to go out of town and I could not let the boat stay out without being able to keep it warm. I came home Sat and the small ponds around were covered with ice. If I were in Fl my boat would never be winterized. :lol:

vancouver canada......went two weeks ago would like to go again this week however weather is getting colder...

Bu is kept in heated garage so no winterizing.....as long as the anitfreeze in the body works we go.......

and I have heaters now!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

So its Nov 7th and I was still able to ride today in my board shorts and vest. Was a bit windy out since we had a cold front come through in Fl late week.

Just wondering how long those in FL ride during winter months. My buddy who has always lived in FL wouldnt get in today, but Im from Ohio and remember skiing in competitions during college when it was sleeting out.

live on the winter haven chain of lakes, people ride all winter long, zane zwenk, dave briscoe, scarpa, lane bowers all coach mostly 'northerners'

all winter long. alot of 'locals' hang it up when you get to 70 or below...

i remember barely being able to pull myself up into the boat from hypothermia in 45f water in ohio in march!!

get a farmer john suit or a shorty and go all winter (dec and jan) lol

live on the winter haven chain of lakes, people ride all winter long, zane zwenk, dave briscoe, scarpa, lane bowers all coach mostly 'northerners'

all winter long. alot of 'locals' hang it up when you get to 70 or below...

i remember barely being able to pull myself up into the boat from hypothermia in 45f water in ohio in march!!

get a farmer john suit or a shorty and go all winter (dec and jan) lol

Been there! Rockon.gif Our blood is certainly a bit thicker than most! That or we're just....Crazy.gif

As I just said in my status update too, I skied last night. The water temp was 39F. Thank goodness for the drysuit. My feet were cold and red afterwards, but it wasn't as bad as I would have thought. The best part is with the buoyancy of the drysuit, I can get up without getting any water on the face or head. This makes all the difference in the world.

This is by far the latest I've ever skied! Now I'm excited to get the boat out early next year. My season used to be June-September. Now with a dry suit and living on a lake, I hope it's going to be March-November.

Edited by Badger