Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Minute Drain - Year Round Boating

LakeLanierBu

Hey Bu Crew,

I've been searching for a better way to winterize my Wakesetter for some time now and came across this. Has anyone ever installed this on their boat? If so, how good does it work, and does this product also drain the heater as well. It looks really interesting, but I'm not sure how well it can be trusted. Here is the website.

www.minutedrain.com

Thanks in advance for any info.

No experience but what ever you do, don't put anything in between the knock sensor and the block. We just had a customers boat in the shop that was "lacking on mid to high power" when we pulled the valve covers and intake manifold everything was cooked coated in burnt oil and carbon. We noticed he had put quick drains on the knock sensors so we put it back together, lake tested the boat and the timing would only advance 2-3 degrees where it should go from 10 to 30 at wide open throttle.

In my opinion buy the right tools and you can winterize a boat just as fast as turning ball valves. Quick connects on the heater hoses are worth doing if you wanted to make that easier.

-Paul

i'm not content until i've poked the block to insure that scale has not blocked the flow.

not at all certain minute drain addresses it.

Never been able to poke the block :dontknow: there is always too much water coming out :thumbup:

Edited by REW

Hey Bu Crew,

I've been searching for a better way to winterize my Wakesetter for some time now and came across this. Has anyone ever installed this on their boat? If so, how good does it work, and does this product also drain the heater as well. It looks really interesting, but I'm not sure how well it can be trusted. Here is the website.

www.minutedrain.com

Thanks in advance for any info.

The minute drain system looks intriguing. Noticed there is an 04 wakesetter in the picture gallery (minute drain site) with the minute drain system on it. If you find anything out let me know. I too would like to drain the system safely and quickly.

Never been able to poke the block :dontknow: there is always too much water coming out :thumbup:

You joke but some boats you won't get a drop out until you free up all the scale blocking the drain holes.

Other boats you get a lot more water out once you "think" its all drained.

I'm 100% with tvano on this one, if you can't clear out the drain hole physically then you're just asking for trouble for very little actual time saved.

-Chris

You joke but some boats you won't get a drop out until you free up all the scale blocking the drain holes.

Other boats you get a lot more water out once you "think" its all drained.

I'm 100% with tvano on this one, if you can't clear out the drain hole physically then you're just asking for trouble for very little actual time saved.

-Chris

Don't get me wrong Chis. I will not install anything in the drain holes of my block. I like the fact that I get a flood of water out when I remove the plugs and I understand some lakes have a lot of calcium in the water that causes the scale build up. (which is why I wont install anything in my block drains). My point was just plain basic teasing I have never had to, didn't say I never would do or have to.

As some one stated earlier it only takes a few minuets to drain the water.