Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Big Wave

Stanley Wheelhouse

anybody know how much weight is in that boat?

3500 LBS is what we run.

Over 5,000 plus power wedge!

If you factor in the weight the wedge is "supposed to add" we are at five thousand. The wedge seems to do more for the shape of the wake than anything. Dominic Legace Rides the Monsta Wave with no wedge because he likes a flatter wave.

So it still has sacks all over the seats?

06 you never cease to amaze. Some how I know you want to here there are sacs all over the seats of Wheelhouse's 247 and somehow use that to rationalize and justify some negative connotation to this thread.Starwars.gif

06 read this post it will do you some good.... http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784072

Hug it out Biatch!!!!

Either that or they replaced the floor with a solid steel one about 1 inch thick

That would be an awesome mod and that is a great idea. The only problem is we do like to do a booze cruz or dinner cruz from time to time. Rockon.gif

3500 LBS is what we run.

If you factor in the weight the wedge is "supposed to add" we are at five thousand. The wedge seems to do more for the shape of the wake than anything. Dominic Legace Rides the Monsta Wave with no wedge because he likes a flatter wave.

06 you never cease to amaze. Some how I know you want to here there are sacs all over the seats of Wheelhouse's 247 and somehow use that to rationalize and justify some negative connotation to this thread.Starwars.gif

06 read this post it will do you some good.... http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784072

Hug it out Biatch!!!!

That would be an awesome mod and that is a great idea. The only problem is we do like to do a booze cruz or dinner cruz from time to time. Rockon.gif

Wow it was a question because I knew you had the custom sac and said you didn't have sacs on the seats anymore. Since I have the same custom sac in my boat and don't run anywhere near 5000 lbs I was wondering where the extra weight was coming from. Sorry for such an insulting question.

Whatever guru :crazy: .

Edited by 06vlx

Wow it was a question because I knew you had the custom sac and said you didn't have sacs on the seats anymore. Since I have the same custom sac in my boat and don't run anywhere near 5000 lbs I was wondering where the extra weight was coming from. Sorry for such an insulting question.

Whatever guru :crazy: .

I love you man! You know my surf setup. It has been posted all over the place. We need to go surfing. Next year at NWWSA I want to sesh your boat and get to know you better. FA Sho! Cheers.gif

5000 pounds? Why not have a boat made out of lead?

I am all for a Wake Surfing Barge

We would have a Big Green Egg and a Traeger and a Refrigerator with full cooking area on the bow.

The front half would be covered with the rear a big sun deck.

It would be ugly and really really heavy.

But the wave MASSIVE!

I am all for a Wake Surfing Barge

We would have a Big Green Egg and a Traeger and a Refrigerator with full cooking area on the bow.

The front half would be covered with the rear a big sun deck.

It would be ugly and really really heavy.

But the wave MASSIVE!

Best smoker ever!! We've got one at the lake house and some day i'll figure out how to attach one to the transom of the 'Bu.

Sweeeet surf setup!

Best smoker ever!! We've got one at the lake house and some day i'll figure out how to attach one to the transom of the 'Bu.

Sweeeet surf setup!

The Traeger has helped perfect the Grandma Is going to slap you ribz.

I love you man! You know my surf setup. It has been posted all over the place. We need to go surfing. Next year at NWWSA I want to sesh your boat and get to know you better. FA Sho! Cheers.gif

I thought I knew your setup but you kept changing it so much I lost track. You're welcome on my boat anytime, maybe I'll learn a thing or ten while we're at it.

Any idea when that NWWSA comp is going to be next year?

Edit: BTW that was a real question and I wasn't trying to give you any crap.

Edited by 06vlx

HIJACK!!! One of my favorite topics, FOOD!!!

I need to know more about this Traeger.

http://www.traegergrills.com/

They are automatic smoker / grills that use wood pellets as a fuel instead of charcoal or propane. They light, start, and feed them selves automatically so you do not have to tend to it, and the food that comes off them is absolutely amazing - supper moist and juicy, and can have a nice wood smoke flavor if you let it sit in there long enough. Healthier than gas or charcoal too. Not a direct replacement for a gas or charcoal grill if you are looking to sear steaks or cook dogs and burgs quickly - they dont get hot enough for that. But for doing meats and veggies, they are unbeatable. My family uses ours all year round - even during the winter, and we use it multiple times during the week.

Our top things to do in them are:

bacon wrapped scallops

Giant prime rib roasts (10 - 15 pounds)

home made pizza (put a regular pizza stone in it = wood fired oven)

Pig roasts (do 4 a year - 90 pounds is about as big as we can fit in the one we have)

shish ka bobs also work well - you can pre-make them the day before if you want and store them in the fridge, and on the smoker both the meat and the vegies cook evenly together and dont burn - no foil or turning required. We love making them now and could never do it well on a gas grill before.

and the good old stand by: baked whole chicken. That is particularly easy since there is no prep, basting, or attention needed. Put it in early afternoon on a Sunday, do Sunday projects for the afternoon, come back 2, 3, or 4 hours later and its ready, with no attention needed and no worry of burning if the projects take a bit longer than expected.

I like to use a mix of mesquite and apple pellets, but there are a dozen different woods or more, and you can taste the difference, especially if you slow it down and let it smoke for a while.

The grill should come with a cook book of over 100 recipes, but there are some to get you started here: http://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/main-courses

We have a "texas" sized grill (BBQ 075) that we use in our family mainly because we have a LARGE family and have lots of LARGE parties. Honestly, on several occasions we've combined my 075 and my parents 075 for some of the larger blowouts we've had at the lake (see picture below from last year).

But for the typical homeowner a "Lil Texas" (BBQ 070) is plenty big enough to feed an average family and keep up with average sized parties.

Grill number 1 has 12 large whole chickens on it and grill # 2, and has (2) 15# prime ribs, 2 large pork butts, and [had] a whole bunch of locally made polish kielbasa.

2008-08-10%20AFS-BFS%20Camp%20Party%20011.JPG

90 pound pig on this one - no spit, no turning, no basting required. We stuffed it with a sausage, apple, rice and bread mixture that worked out great - thats why we had to sew it up. We did have to cut the head of this one, it just wouldn't fit with it. The sawzall worked out well. I'll post that pic if people want, but not looking to gross everyone out too much...

37248_572854897477_44602764_33063366_6480713_n.jpg

We mass produce breakfast sandwiches for the leftover crew the morning after. Throw a bunch of pork tenderloins (or prime rib, or pork butts, or left over pig..what ever) - slice into sandwich sized chunks when it is cooked. Put a bunch of muffin tins in next to the meat and crack a whole egg into each muffin opening. Throw a pile of premade buscits on the grill (pillsburry grands or simmilar) - you do have to flip the biscuits once. When everything is done, split a biscuit open, put a peice of pork on it, scoop out a cooked egg, and throw a slice of cheese on it - throw a napkin around it and take it out on the boat with ya. We can make 24 sandwiches at a time in about 30 minutes - and they are absolutely amazing. Pork tenderloin works the best hands down since it is soo tender and moist. Brian traeger taught me this one a few years ago - its a great family recipe!

We've had grill for years and really cant say enough good about them!

[end hijack - but thinking about dinner tonight already??!!]

Nice write up. Kind of like an infomercial break in the middle of the post. I'll make a new post. Now back to our original topic.....

Ha, didnt mean to make such a long post! I just get all giddy this time of year thinking about grillin and summer time!!

Nice write up. Kind of like an infomercial break in the middle of the post. I'll make a new post. Now back to our original topic.....

Wow, talk about hijack. I forgot for a moment what the original topic was. :biggrin: