Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transmission Fluid Removal

I changed the transmission fluid in my LSV last night. First time I have done this, the first change was by the dealer as part of the purchase.

I used a turkey baster with a tube on the end to change the fluid in the vdrive and the transmission. (skivee, both use ATF).

For the v-drive, i removed just under 1 quart, and the capacity is 1.1, so i feel good about that.

For the transmission, I removed 46 ounces, capacity is just over 2 quarts (64+ ounces).

So, question is, for this who do this, how much fluid are you able to remove?

Edited by Soon2BV

I changed the transmission fluid in my LSV last night. First time I have done this, the first change was by the dealer as part of the purchase.

I used a turkey baster with a tube on the end to change the fluid in the vdrive and the transmission. (skivee, both use ATF).

For the v-drive, i removed just under 1 quart, and the capacity is 1.1, so i feel good about that.

For the transmission, I removed 46 ounces, capacity is just over 2 quarts (64+ ounces).

I am able to remove virtually all of the fluid. I use a evacuator made by mity vac (NAPA part number BK 700-2804) go by it its worth the investment. Make sure you get your kitchen equiptment cleaned out before thanksgivng

I am able to remove virtually all of the fluid. I use a evacuator made by mity vac (NAPA part number BK 700-2804) go by it its worth the investment. Make sure you get your kitchen equiptment cleaned out before thanksgivng

:plus1:

This is one of the best shop purchases I have ever made. I use it all the time.

I have this one

I sucked the fluid with my Mityvac (bought from amazon) two weeks ago. sucked about the same amount as yours. You are ok! :rockon:

I usually get out about 2 qts as well. I use a manual karosine pump that I got a Wally World for about $3.00,