Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Average annual hours?

Douge

Average hours per year before houseboat purchase - 130

Average hours per year after houseboat purchase - 25

Time spent in hammock on houseboat - Priceless :lol:

125 hrs. Our season doesn't get kicked-off good until July due to my work. We had a good fall season this year so this is a banner year.

160 hrs. I've had it since may 20th. when you hang out with a group of people that all have ski centurions and a hydrodyne and you have 2005 wakesetter, which boat would you want to be on.

The last four years we have compiled anywhere from 95 to 115 hours per year. Usually put in the water end of April and take it out the middle of October. 95% course skiing....I need that many hours to improve!!:)

Reggie

70 this year, but the first 10 were break-in. We put on almost 900 on our last boat of 14 seasons - average of 64 hours.

Edited by RogerQ

If you buy a Malibu new and you baby it keep it inside and have all the services done, how many hours or years can it go before it needs any major repairs or replacement? Or how many hours can you rack up before it is tired?

You will get a variety of opinions on that, but as for the powertrain, I think you can expect to get 2000 hours, assuming you're not putting 5000#s in ballast, before some serious work needs to be done. There's a lot of other stuff that will break before that, though.

Two years and 304 hours.  168 hours year 1 and 136 hours this year.  Spent a few more hours on friends boats this summer.

ive had three boats this summer due to my problems with mc. but as of buying my malibu new in sept i have 32 hours.

93 hrs this year on my boat.  A lot of time behind an MC and a SN too though.

That's about what we do in a year though, pretty close to a hundred.

Do you have an unbiased opinion of the SN and the RXLi?

I like to ski and drive both of them. I don't think one is easier ski or drive then the other, just different. They both do the same job but I think the bu has the looks and more fun factor than the SN. The SN is like a tractor. I think both are built well and will outlast my desire to keep them/replace them. I know that for me the SN isn't worth one more penny then the bu, and when I factor in the "pride of ownership" variable I would need to pay considerably less for the SN.

The SN doesn't track very well with just a 200 lb driver in it, and we ski that way a lot. They both track wonderfully when loaded with a full crew. The SN is noticeably more quiet though but, I could do without the whine that their gearbox. generates. I think that each boat has to be set up properly and if the owner doesn't do anything to the boat after getting it, chances are it will not be set up to it's full potential. That is what makes a bigger difference between boats than the sticker on the side.