Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Santa wants YOU!

skyskier

The big man is checking his list and coming up short. He is looking for some help with the 2010 Waterskiing Santa show in DC. He needs boats. Three, maybe four. These boats would need to be delivered to National Harbor in Maryland on Christmas Eve morning. Actual running time in the show is 30 minutes tops. The show is at 1:00 PM and you could be on your way home by 2:30 PM. He has seasoned show veterans who can captain the boat, or you can drive it yourself. Hard times in the boating industry has made it difficult for his dealer sponsors to lend the kind of support they have in the past, so he is appealing to private owners. The only compensation is the smiles and cheers from the crowd, a show participation pin and hat, and lots of gratitude. This show has been a Washington DC Christmas tradition for the past 24 years. The show must go on! I know this site has some members in the DC area, so I am posting here and hoping for a Christmas miracle. The show goes on rain, snow, or shine, so your commitment must be rock solid.

Another item on his wish list is a performer who can fly a wake kite. If you own a wake kite and know how to rock it, this is your chance for 5 minutes of fame. It is also your one and only opportunity to smile and wave at the cops as you fly through their no wake zone and get away with it.

He is also looking for a kneeboarding reindeer. You will need a drysuit, basic kneeboarding skills, and the ability to hang on, no matter what. Like it or not, antlers will be provided. Santa and four reindeer are pulled by the same boat. Santa is a big guy and needs to go fast to stay up on his two skis while the reindeer on the kneeboards want to go slow. Santa always wins. This makes for some hilarious reindeer carnage at the end of the show when the water gets all chopped up. This show is an absolute blast from beginning to end. C'mon, you know you want to!

The website is waterskiingsanta.com

Here is a link to last year's video

Good times, for sure!

My local dealer has already been in touch with us on helping with our SkySkiing Santa for 2010. He's pitching ideas to get a few people out on the Coeur d'Alene Resort docks to enjoy the show. I'm thinkin maybe we need to take some lessons from our east coast brothers & recruit some kneeboarding reindeer or wakeboarding elves out there too. :rockon:

Wish we were closer & could join you guys. But we'll do our best to keep the festivities goin on our side.

AirSanta0913.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Skyskier, if it was closer I'd bring mine down and maybe even offer to be an elf (definitely can't wakekite or kneeboard though), just too much driving and gettin ready for a day. If anyone needs a drysuit though, I have one to lend...

Bill.......Yeah man, do what you gotta do to get the kids out to enjoy the show. A website, flyers, and press releases will get the word out, although it looked like you got plenty of media attention last year. If you are going to add characters, Frosty in a tiny dinghy is hilarious, but the Grinch on a jet ski is a crowd favorite. The more arrogant and obnoxious, the better! TMC rockin' the Christmas spirit coast to coast! :christmas:

Mr Spotts.....Thanks bud, I know you would be all in if you were not so far away. It really is a lot to ask of anyone on Christmas Eve.

As of 11/5/10 we still need boats and performers. Getting desperate. If you can help, please let me know. Thanks!

Edited by skyskier

Oh, it's awesome alright. The best part is you get to meet the REAL Santa before he heads off to ride with his foilin' buds on the west coast!

But I heard him exclaim, ‘ere he drove out of sight, " I'm bad........I'm nationwide!" :rockon: