Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Your Dream Malibu

mattm

I have thought about what Malibu could do to improve my current 2010 23 LSV and I draw a blank every time. Yes, it's that good.

Still thinking................... I got nothin'.

My 2008 Sunscape with -

Power lift seats instead of flip up bolsters.

A Titan III Tower.

A second rudder to allow for more effective reverse turning.

(I am working on a design for this one - nobody an steal this. :biggrin: )

True hey, a second rudder that comes down in front of the prop when you put it in reverse, but retracts up inside the boat when in drive...man that would be good...

what i think we all REALLLLLLLY need is about 7 more interior lighting brightness settings and options. VERY important settings to have.

:whistle:

A few for me;

Better cupholder placement on the new boats (23WSLSV). Observer has no cupholders. Rear seat has no cupholders. They have gone to cupholders up under the gunnels. If you have a half way tall cup, you have to lay it down to get it in the holder. Not good for drinks that are uncovered.

Tilt the MUX switches up towards eye level for the driver so they can see the LCD better.

Why do we have to put up with 1/2 of a seat bottom on the flip up bolster? How about a telescoping seat post or at least a full cushion to put in the seat.

A good basic stereo that the owner can build on that is EASILY integrated with the rest of the dash. I get it that Malibu wants us to buy their stereo setup but they need more options that are reasonably priced.

Board racks that you don't have to polish.

Get rid of the wrinkle finish on the G3 tower. Ever try to keep wax residue off a wrinkle finish? Yes, it turns white on the black wrinkle paint. PITA.

Go back to a hinged seat bottom for the cooler.

A glove box lid that will stay shut. I understand this might have a fix now.

Something else to replace the rear seat remote if you don't order it besides that cheesy stamped out plate. I had to machine up a billet holder for the plate that has LED light behind it. Really, how much thought went into that plate?

Wheelhouse will play. With all said Sparkles is still the Double D Titz

How about a one foot higher freeboard below the rub rail line. More Azz in the water!

Make the height of the under seat compartments 6-12 inches higher. (this would allow more room for hidden ballast sacs)

Pure vert Ballast that allows 1000+ Pounds per side ( you can do away with the current factory ballast system obviously)

Plug and play availability for additional sacs

All seats hinged except for observers seat

Malibu please hear our prayer.

Wheelhouse will play. With all said Sparkles is still the Double D Titz

How about a one foot higher freeboard below the rub rail line. More Azz in the water!

Make the height of the under seat compartments 6-12 inches higher. (this would allow more room for hidden ballast sacs)

Pure vert Ballast that allows 1000+ Pounds per side ( you can do away with the current factory ballast system obviously)

Plug and play availability for additional sacs

All seats hinged except for observers seat

Malibu please hear our prayer.

Dude, do you watch Seinfeld re-runs? Talking in 3rd person is NOT COOL!

And I thought Malibu was all ready working on this, too bad Pistol Pete ordered the first one :rofl:

Dude, do you watch Seinfeld re-runs? Talking in 3rd person is NOT COOL!

And I thought Malibu was all ready working on this, too bad Pistol Pete ordered the first one :rofl:

Speaking in 3rd person is a characteristic of Wheelhouse. Just like Jimmy.

However, the wake surfing community has spoken, Wheelhouse is cool, even though Wheelhouse sometimes refers to 3rd person.

Sorry bro is what it is.

cough...

IMG00187-20100828-1020.jpg

Well... my dream boat is Wakeworld's "The Ghost!

I love the all white Malibus, always have. Wakesetter VLX all white.... I, MAYBE, would put one small strip of red where the stripe starts at the stern, under the malibu log, and goes forward under the Wakesetter graphic. I prefer the G3 tower, in white of course, snap in carpets, etc etc. Maliview. May as well throw in the sound system, LED lighting on the interior (red), under swim platform lighting, etc etc. I can go on and on. Probably going to be a while before this all comes to fruition.

J

A few for me;

Better cupholder placement on the new boats (23WSLSV). Observer has no cupholders. Rear seat has no cupholders. They have gone to cupholders up under the gunnels. If you have a half way tall cup, you have to lay it down to get it in the holder. Not good for drinks that are uncovered.

Tilt the MUX switches up towards eye level for the driver so they can see the LCD better.

Why do we have to put up with 1/2 of a seat bottom on the flip up bolster? How about a telescoping seat post or at least a full cushion to put in the seat.

A good basic stereo that the owner can build on that is EASILY integrated with the rest of the dash. I get it that Malibu wants us to buy their stereo setup but they need more options that are reasonably priced.

Board racks that you don't have to polish.

Get rid of the wrinkle finish on the G3 tower. Ever try to keep wax residue off a wrinkle finish? Yes, it turns white on the black wrinkle paint. PITA.

Go back to a hinged seat bottom for the cooler.

A glove box lid that will stay shut. I understand this might have a fix now.

Something else to replace the rear seat remote if you don't order it besides that cheesy stamped out plate. I had to machine up a billet holder for the plate that has LED light behind it. Really, how much thought went into that plate?

Any pics? I have a spot to fill on my transom where the old all around light went.

Since the new 2011 boats have been introduced, I'm curious what other Malibu owners or future owners would like to see offered. Personally, I'd like to see the following:

A direct drive 247 with wrap around seating (not the funky Rx seating).

A dedicated anchor well in the bow.

A head.

What's your dream boat?

+1 for the dedicated anchor storage! I also wish they would hinge the seat bottom cushions along the port side.

Since the new 2011 boats have been introduced, I'm curious what other Malibu owners or future owners would like to see offered. Personally, I'd like to see the following:

A direct drive 247 with wrap around seating (not the funky Rx seating).

A dedicated anchor well in the bow.

A head.

What's your dream boat?

my boat with:

Carbon fiber dash bezel

Carbon fiber interior side panels

Carbon fiber walk-thru pockets

Carbon fiber windshield rear caps

billet/chromed windshield brackets that are tapered with holes

carbon fiber seat base

higher quality glove box knob (not plastic)

adjustable seat height with air ride suspension

larger stainless rub rail on swim platform

a lot better horn

better and smoother steering rack

removable shift knob

carbon fiber mirror

rocket launchers, smoke screen, machine guns and ejection seat

Bond girls all around

my boat with:

Carbon fiber dash bezel

Carbon fiber interior side panels

Carbon fiber walk-thru pockets

Carbon fiber windshield rear caps

billet/chromed windshield brackets that are tapered with holes

carbon fiber seat base

higher quality glove box knob (not plastic)

adjustable seat height with air ride suspension

larger stainless rub rail on swim platform

a lot better horn

better and smoother steering rack

removable shift knob

carbon fiber mirror

rocket launchers, smoke screen, machine guns and ejection seat

Bond girls all around

Plus1.gif On the first three.

ROFL.gif On the last two.

I have tinkered with some design ideas for a removable hard top and a hard cover for the open bow for cold weather skiing. Those would be cool, but I am sure very $$ options if they were available from the factory or even aftermarket.