Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Your Dream Malibu

mattm

My 2011 VTX :clap:

I only skimmed over the last 3 pages quickly, but I LOVE the new throttle on the 2011 over my older mechanical throttle. The 2011 has a nice distinct smooth feel to it. Feels solid and smooth.

This is a stretch...but I'd like a boat with no blind spots. I only drive the boat sitting on the seat with the bolster up, and the top of the windshield trim always seems to be directly in my line of sight. It was on my 02 LSV, and it is on my new VTX. The trim its self is only an inch or two tall, but obviously it runs the width of the boat and from the drivers seat perspective it blocks a large part of the immediate area that I'm traveling into. I constantly find my self scrunching down 1 inch to look under the trim or sitting up tall to look over it. Again, if I was an inch or two shorter or taller it probably wouldnt be an issue, I just happen to be the wrong height! One winter project is to figure out a way to raise the whole seat up an inch or two, then I'll be looking over it without a problem.

And if malibu could find a way to make bow passengers transparent, that would be nice too. Just from the shoulders up would be acceptable, waist up would be ideal. If the windshield trim isnt blocking my view, people in the bow are.

My 2011 VTX :clap:

I only skimmed over the last 3 pages quickly, but I LOVE the new throttle on the 2011 over my older mechanical throttle. The 2011 has a nice distinct smooth feel to it. Feels solid and smooth.

This is a stretch...but I'd like a boat with no blind spots. I only drive the boat sitting on the seat with the bolster up, and the top of the windshield trim always seems to be directly in my line of sight. It was on my 02 LSV, and it is on my new VTX. The trim its self is only an inch or two tall, but obviously it runs the width of the boat and from the drivers seat perspective it blocks a large part of the immediate area that I'm traveling into. I constantly find my self scrunching down 1 inch to look under the trim or sitting up tall to look over it. Again, if I was an inch or two shorter or taller it probably wouldnt be an issue, I just happen to be the wrong height! One winter project is to figure out a way to raise the whole seat up an inch or two, then I'll be looking over it without a problem.

And if malibu could find a way to make bow passengers transparent, that would be nice too. Just from the shoulders up would be acceptable, waist up would be ideal. If the windshield trim isnt blocking my view, people in the bow are.

Maybe one of those TSA machines?

Most of the issues I had with my 08 VLX were addressed by the 23 LSV I just ordered.

There have been some great ideas previously mentioned

- Bow anchor locker

- a second or larger cooler box

- fully hose-able interior where everything drains and cleans easily

- NO carpet anywhere - that was the biggest problem I had with the 08 - mostly fixed in the new boat

- Volume control KNOB, will be solved by Wetsounds WS-420, turn the volume down each time a rider fell was really annoying

- I will be doing my own speakers and amps off of the factory head unit...

- I asked Malibu to install a hinge on the cooler box - thanks to skiskier for the idea

- Teak swim platform - I am getting one but had to special request it

- Plug-n-play ballast from factory, apparently not too difficult to do as a winter project and I will be adding to my new boat when it comes in

- tower mounted flare gun, or EMP gun to shoot at jet skis and other boats who drive directly behind me when I am pulling a rider

- Oh yeah, and the bond girls, machine guns, and torpedo launchers would round it out nicely

• 5 years later...
On November 3, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Ronnie said:

A few for me;

Better cupholder placement on the new boats (23WSLSV). Observer has no cupholders. Rear seat has no cupholders. They have gone to cupholders up under the gunnels. If you have a half way tall cup, you have to lay it down to get it in the holder. Not good for drinks that are uncovered.

Tilt the MUX switches up towards eye level for the driver so they can see the LCD better.

Why do we have to put up with 1/2 of a seat bottom on the flip up bolster? How about a telescoping seat post or at least a full cushion to put in the seat.

A good basic stereo that the owner can build on that is EASILY integrated with the rest of the dash. I get it that Malibu wants us to buy their stereo setup but they need more options that are reasonably priced.

Board racks that you don't have to polish.

Get rid of the wrinkle finish on the G3 tower. Ever try to keep wax residue off a wrinkle finish? Yes, it turns white on the black wrinkle paint. PITA.

Go back to a hinged seat bottom for the cooler.

A glove box lid that will stay shut. I understand this might have a fix now.

Something else to replace the rear seat remote if you don't order it besides that cheesy stamped out plate. I had to machine up a billet holder for the plate that has LED light behind it. Really, how much thought went into that plate?

Where do you get that cheesy stamped out plate?

15 minutes ago, BoomerMalibu said:

Where do you get that cheesy stamped out plate?

Chessy stamped out plate came from Malibu. That's what you got if you didn't order the rear seat Controls.

This is what I replaced it with. I 3D printed the housing and laser etched the Wakesetter in the Acrylic. Then put in LEDs to light it up. Final version of housing was machined and anodized aluminum.

Plate.jpg

On November 3, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Ronnie said:

Here is one that is not lit up. It has blue LED strip lights in it. The one on the yellow interior is one from a stock VLX.

post-5-052248200 1288826497_thumb.jpg

post-5-060877000 1288826743_thumb.jpg

Where do you get the plate or speakers?  Bakes doesn't have either 

27 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Chessy stamped out plate came from Malibu. That's what you got if you didn't order the rear seat Controls.

This is what I replaced it with. I 3D printed the housing and laser etched the Wakesetter in the Acrylic. Then put in LEDs to light it up. Final version of housing was machined and anodized aluminum.

Plate.jpg

Mine has nothing there. Looks naked. That's awesome what you did though. 

13 minutes ago, BoomerMalibu said:

Where do you get the plate or speakers?  Bakes doesn't have either 

Mine has nothing there. Looks naked. That's awesome what you did though. 

The plate is factory Malibu. Check with a Malibu dealer and see it they have the plate. They may not be available any longer. If not, there are several different size Malibu interior trim pieces that will fit, some even are lit up. Mux switch housings were an option back then but were troublesome because they could be hit by someone sitting in the seat and inadvertently turning on something or off.
Use something like this.

I water jetted a couple of plates back then that were a little different and didn't use them.

The pic with the speakers is from a VLX. They are just factory Rockford speakers. 

12 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The plate is factory Malibu. Check with a Malibu dealer and see it they have the plate. They may not be available any longer. If not, there are several different size Malibu interior trim pieces that will fit, some even are lit up. Mux switch housings were an option back then but were troublesome because they could be hit by someone sitting in the seat and inadvertently turning on something or off.
Use something like this.

I water jetted a couple of plates back then that were a little different and didn't use them.

The pic with the speakers is from a VLX. They are just factory Rockford speakers. 

Mux switches were still an option 18 months ago, my '15 has the rear much switch

Again...that aluminum plate is a factory part. The plate was screwed to the back of the seat. Nothing under it, just the plate. The black housing under it in the picture with the blue interior is the part I made to hold a small LED strip. That plate is all you got if you didn't order the Mux switch back there. IF anyone still has them, it will be a Malibu dealer. (Bakes may or may not not have it, they are not a Malibu dealer.)

There were several other interior emblems like the one you say is too small that were used over the years.

I see the Mux switch on the Great Lake Skipper sight sometimes. They may still be available at a Malibu dealer too if you'd rather go that way. That plate looks like a cheap cover up on there by it's self. There are better choices IMO.