Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Your Dream Malibu

mattm

Since the new 2011 boats have been introduced, I'm curious what other Malibu owners or future owners would like to see offered. Personally, I'd like to see the following:

A direct drive 247 with wrap around seating (not the funky Rx seating).

A dedicated anchor well in the bow.

A head.

What's your dream boat?

Dust off the molds for the '99-'04 Sunsetter LXi. Add the ugraded dash, carpet and some other bling.

You can keep the head. People in my boat can jump in the lake 'to cool off' and take care of that. If the situation escalates to 'Defcon 2'...I'll drive them back to the club and the restrooms there, but I will not ever clean out a portable toilet on my boat or anything else for that matter.

Dust off the molds for the '99-'04 Sunsetter LXi. Add the ugraded dash, carpet and some other bling.

You can keep the head. People in my boat can jump in the lake 'to cool off' and take care of that. If the situation escalates to 'Defcon 2'...I'll drive them back to the club and the restrooms there, but I will not ever clean out a portable toilet on my boat or anything else for that matter.

Those boats are the shizzle. Rockon.gif Can I get a one off with a square windshield?

I have to agree with WakingMeHappy on this one. I love my current Bu and can't think of one I'd want more. Thumbup.gif

make it so that the gel coat never scratches, cracks or gets dull.

devise an H20 powered engine with the same performance as my hammerhead therefore saving me my fuel costs.

Other than that, I am pretty damn happy.

a re-designed response/lx and lxi with an electric motor.

Epic has a hybrid wake boat now, if we can get better at storing electricity this will happen especially for the ski boats where weight is an issue.

:plus1:

I drool over new boats ... but I have everything in my boat I want.

If I was filthy rich I'd get a 23' with the new bad boy engine.

Edited by MalibuNation

Well... my dream boat is Wakeworld's "The Ghost!

I love the all white Malibus, always have. Wakesetter VLX all white.... I, MAYBE, would put one small strip of red where the stripe starts at the stern, under the malibu log, and goes forward under the Wakesetter graphic. I prefer the G3 tower, in white of course, snap in carpets, etc etc. Maliview. May as well throw in the sound system, LED lighting on the interior (red), under swim platform lighting, etc etc. I can go on and on. Probably going to be a while before this all comes to fruition.

J

I love my 93 Sunsetter!

Love some of your ideas as well.

Electric Engine (quieter and less winterizing)

Ability to add a Wedge would be nice

A driver besides me would be wonderfully helpful!

But, like some of you have said, I love my Bu and even moreso that it's completely paid for!

I am thankful to have one!

Edited by kengrutza

[quote name='mattm' timestamp='1288658818' post='422823'

What's your dream boat?

I love my 2009 VLX, but here is a list of what my dream boat would have:

1. A cruise control that works from the factory (I had to spend my money and convert to GPS speedo to get it to work)

2. A lake temperature gauge that is adjustable so it doesn't always read 7 degrees high.

3. A clock in my maliview.

Terry

In my dreams, I hit "function up" and my computron displays the depth of the lake. In my dreams.

That's dam funny right there.... LOL

I love my 93 Sunsetter!

Love some of your ideas as well.

Electric Engine (quieter and less winterizing)

Ability to add a Wedge would be nice

A driver besides me would be wonderfully helpful!

But, like some of you have said, I love my Bu and even moreso that it's completely paid for!

I am thankful to have one!

You can add a wedge to your Echelon, '93 was the first year you can retroactively add one.

more accurate gauges - water temp, depth and fuel level. A good way to keep the open bow covered when not in use without snaps. If I am really shooting for the stars - a boat that drives itself haha. Having no driver is going to start being a problem for me pretty quick...

Some kind of seamless automatic transmission that gives you a few gears so you can have both heaps of grunt and heaps of top speed....

Cmon how hard would that be?

Since the new 2011 boats have been introduced, I'm curious what other Malibu owners or future owners would like to see offered. Personally, I'd like to see the following:

A direct drive 247 with wrap around seating (not the funky Rx seating).

A dedicated anchor well in the bow.

A head.

What's your dream boat?

:plus1: On the anchor locker. That is the 1 thing I really miss from my I.O.