Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Nose Cover for towing

theaslip

Does it snug down to a tight fit? I would be afraid of a loose fit damaging the gel goat.

The botton straps attach to the trailer frame, and actually keep it off the boat/gel. It's kind of an expirament and leap of faith......

I use these http://www.rocktamers.com/

and have an evolution cover.....pulled on 7 trips this summer (usually between 750 and 1000 km each) and not a mark on the boat or any gel coat rub......

Thanks so much! I just ordered them from autoanything.com. Found a 15% off coupon on-line, and free shipping. May not need (or chance) the nose cover/bow bra with the rocktamers. I have seen the guards that attach to the trailer - but they have been much more expensive and seem more involved......Tim

I use these http://www.rocktamers.com/

and have an evolution cover.....pulled on 7 trips this summer (usually between 750 and 1000 km each) and not a mark on the boat or any gel coat rub......

PS - Do you leave the tabs (the ones attached with velcro and grab under the rubrail) on the evolution cover for long tows? I thought I heard somewhere that they should be removed for a long tow????

Thanks again!

PS - Do you leave the tabs (the ones attached with velcro and grab under the rubrail) on the evolution cover for long tows? I thought I heard somewhere that they should be removed for a long tow????

Thanks again!

You need to leave them on they help the cover stay over the rub rail.

Thanks so much! I just ordered them from autoanything.com. Found a 15% off coupon on-line, and free shipping. May not need (or chance) the nose cover/bow bra with the rocktamers. I have seen the guards that attach to the trailer - but they have been much more expensive and seem more involved......Tim

cool i love the rocktamers, easy on easy off...............

Thanks again!

I have never removed them, they seem to work well, I have no rubs and the tarp stays tight........

Thanks again!

Geez...I would think you would want to leave the tabs attached....to prevent the cover from flapping. As you probably noticed, it is the tabs and the rear, nylon cinch straps that do most of the work on the Evolution Cover...not the cord that wraps the whole boat. If in doubt, drop Cory at Evolution an email.

cool i love the rocktamers, easy on easy off...............

:plus1: I bought myself the Rocktamers last Xmas. Love them.Even in the rain they seem to keep the boat clean. Surprised me the first time I towed in a storm and got home to find the boat was nearly as clean as before the rain. Looking in the truck mirror all I could see was a fog of spray from the Tamers, guess it deflected all the crap around the boat. I like them.

:plus1: I bought myself the Rocktamers last Xmas. Love them.Even in the rain they seem to keep the boat clean. Surprised me the first time I towed in a storm and got home to find the boat was nearly as clean as before the rain. Looking in the truck mirror all I could see was a fog of spray from the Tamers, guess it deflected all the crap around the boat. I like them.

i spoke to the owner of rock tamers this summer he indicated they are coming out with a center piece to fully close the gap. however not sure will need it as i have had same experience boat stays clean and for most part no real rock chips on the trailer fenders (couple small ones but think i was running the guards to close together, spread them out more and have not seen more........