Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

TransPad Thanks Malibu Crew Members

huskydawg

Just a brief thank you to Tracie for putting the group buy together with me for the Transom Pads. Hopefully everybody got what they envisioned and the protection to the back of the boat they sought.

I am playing with some ideas to bring the pads higher up and wider for wakesurfing but no promises at this time.

Also, if you purchased off Essentials, Tilly's, or Bake's Marine thank you as well.

Just curious---how many would want the Malibu logo left off in an ideal world?

Eric

Just a brief thank you to Tracie for putting the group buy together with me for the Transom Pads. Hopefully everybody got what they envisioned and the protection to the back of the boat they sought.

I am playing with some ideas to bring the pads higher up and wider for wakesurfing but no promises at this time.

Also, if you purchased off Essentials, Tilly's, or Bake's Marine thank you as well.

Just curious---how many would want the Malibu logo left off in an ideal world?

Eric

Eric if you could cover 90% of the back of my boat and then leave a nice MALIBU cut out where the standard sticker goes I would be VERY interested.

ITCH

Hey Eric,

Thank you for making the group buy run so smooth, it was very successful & I would say that everyone seemed happy with the product. One thing that I did see repeated before the buy was that more people may have bought one if:

1. More coverage, like ITCH mentioned

2. You offered a graphic that was maybe just "Malibu" rather than having the tribal/flames (many people don't seem to care for the flames)

3. Maybe offer some colors (I realize this may not be feasible or reasonable)

Those were the only things that I really remember seeing.

Thanks for the reply's and I'll continue to watch. A response to the points:

1. Coverage area is a tough issue. As I have chosen to keep the pads as a side business I have not in the words of poker "Gone All In". Meaning, because year to year there are changes in the position of the "d" bolts and swim step that to carry multiple sizes could get a bit overwelming at this point. This was a major consideration at the outset. But, point heard.

2. Logo, I think we will do a straight Malibu logo next year. It seems to be wanted.

3. Colors, I chose to start and probably stay with black due to nylon colors matching gelcoat colors. The Royal Blue I might get may not match Malibu's Royal Blue. Also, black doesn't show dirt. If owners were willing to chance color match I could put together a small group buy if we had 10 pads per color. I could probably also get out a swatch of the nylon.,

Eric

1. Coverage area is a tough issue. As I have chosen to keep the pads as a side business I have not in the words of poker "Gone All In". Meaning, because year to year there are changes in the position of the "d" bolts and swim step that to carry multiple sizes could get a bit overwelming at this point. This was a major consideration at the outset. But, point heard.

2. Logo, I think we will do a straight Malibu logo next year. It seems to be wanted.

3. Colors, I chose to start and probably stay with black due to nylon colors matching gelcoat colors. The Royal Blue I might get may not match Malibu's Royal Blue. Also, black doesn't show dirt. If owners were willing to chance color match I could put together a small group buy if we had 10 pads per color. I could probably also get out  a swatch of the nylon.,

Eric

Sorry, I am probably behind here, but, do have pics placed somewhere that I could see exactly what you have on a boat. thanks, tom

3. Colors, I chose to start and probably stay with black due to nylon colors matching gelcoat colors. The Royal Blue I might get may not match Malibu's Royal Blue. Also, black doesn't show dirt. If owners were willing to chance color match I could put together a small group buy if we had 10 pads per color. I could probably also get out  a swatch of the nylon.,

Eric

go to my website http://transpad.net    (no www)

Sorry, I am probably behind here, but, do have pics placed somewhere that I could see exactly what you have on a boat. thanks, tom