Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another winterizing Question

Hello all,

I'm a total noob, first post, and first boat!

I have a 2002 Sunstter xti with the LS1 motor. I've been searching the forum for answers but have come up empty handed so far. I can't locate the drain plug on the block, or the knock sensor. Also, I don't know what all I have to remove to get to the oil filter. Looks pretty complicated to me! ANY help would be appreciated. I have found info on the monsoon motor, but obviously this doesn't apply to me.

Thanks,

Dan

Hello all,

I have a 2002 Sunstter xti with the LS1 motor. I've been searching the forum for answers but have come up empty handed so far. I can't locate the drain plug on the block, or the knock sensor. Also, I don't know what all I have to remove to get to the oil filter. Looks pretty complicated to me! ANY help would be appreciated. I have found info on the monsoon motor, but obviously this doesn't apply to me.

Thanks,

Dan

LS1 is closed cooling so totally different animal.

Unless you know what you're doing, time to find a pro.

-Chris

Hello all,

Thanks,

Dan

Hey Dan:

First of all, great choice in boats! :-) I have the same boat, but have the Hammerhead and not the LS1. Do you have the owner's manual for your boat? I have the Indmar Marine manual for 2002 and it has some pages in there that are specific to the LS1 engine. If you don't have it I can scan the pages in and email them to you if that helps. For LS1 engines, it says:

1. Remove the drain plugs on each end of the heat exchanger. Do not remove center (fresh water coolant) plug.

2. Remove the hose from the outlet side of the raw water pump. Push the end of the hose low into the bilge using care not to kink it. Allw both coolers to drain.

3. Coat the threads of the heat exchanger drain plugs with pipe selant and install.

4. Remove the hose from the rear elbow of one of the exhaust manifolds. Lower the hose into the bilge, using care not to kink it. Allow both manifolds to drain.

This set of instructions is in addition to the stuff you do on the standard engines, etc.

Thanks,

-- Mike

Hey Dan:

First of all, great choice in boats! :-) I have the same boat, but have the Hammerhead and not the LS1. Do you have the owner's manual for your boat? I have the Indmar Marine manual for 2002 and it has some pages in there that are specific to the LS1 engine. If you don't have it I can scan the pages in and email them to you if that helps. For LS1 engines, it says:

1. Remove the drain plugs on each end of the heat exchanger. Do not remove center (fresh water coolant) plug.

2. Remove the hose from the outlet side of the raw water pump. Push the end of the hose low into the bilge using care not to kink it. Allw both coolers to drain.

3. Coat the threads of the heat exchanger drain plugs with pipe selant and install.

4. Remove the hose from the rear elbow of one of the exhaust manifolds. Lower the hose into the bilge, using care not to kink it. Allow both manifolds to drain.

This set of instructions is in addition to the stuff you do on the standard engines, etc.

Thanks,

Thanks for your hep mike! I do not have the manual, I'm trying to track one down. I id all this yesterday, then ran some of the pink stuff through the system. Should all be good now. Also changed the oil-- man was that filter a pain to get to!

Thanks again for your help,

Dan

-- Mike