Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need help with throttle cable attachment

jcochrane007

As some of you already know, I recently had to have my engine (5.7L Hammerhead 380hp in an '04 Response LXi) rebuilt. I removed the engine myself, took it to a mechanic for the rebuild, and then re-installed it in the boat. Since the re-install, the throttle cable has come unattached twice from the throttle body, leading me to believe that I connected it wrong. Can someone with a similar engine post a close-up picture or two of how the throttle cable attaches to the throttle body?

Thanks!

Jeff

Not sure if the linkage setup is the same as mine but I had mine fall off a few times after I bought the boat (used) and ended up that I was missing a nut to lock it down into position.

The fine folks at perfect pass sent me the attached diagram (quality is terrible) but it was enough to see what I was missing near that little copper colored L bracket, maybe this will help?

Did you figure out that issue with your gauges?

post-2790-064996100 1288328740_thumb.jpg

Edited by Green_Giant

Thanks for the pic! The problem with my gauges was caused by a bad connection in the cannon plug. I had taken it off and cleaned it, but apparently there was a short inside the plug.