Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dealer Called - Boat is Ready!

theaslip

Well - I dropped it off for service exactly 2-Months ago. Said it would be a week or two (no big deal - I was not in a rush). But man I have missed having my 'bu - if only in my garage!

I didn't dare ask for a price - Figured I will just pass-out when I get there......Anyone want to hazard a guess?

-Install 2 skins for rear corner seats that I had already bought from Chee

-Annual service for Monsoon and Impeller

-Add removable side panels to factory mooring cover to protect from sun when on the trailer outdoors (I live in FL - too many chalky sun-faded boats around here)

-New Sony head unit and 2-new sony remotes, amp kits and sub remote

-Install 2 amps and subwoofer that I already had

-Rewire tower speakers

-Fix a pin in the BoatMate trailer mouth (aid it was preventing it from locking down closed - though it worked fine when I brought it over for service - couldn't have anything to do with the forklift rig that they use to move boats around the yard all-day ;-)

-Add a second battery (Perko switch was already installed)

-Add a plug-in battery tender/charger

$2k

$2K is what I hoping for.

What lake are you on in NH? Are all of those pics in your gallery yours? Do you work at FlightCraft or something? I bought 2 Malibu's from Dan/Rick at ECFC before moving to FL......Just curious, I come-up from FL and summer on Squam with my Wakesetter.......

$2K is what I hoping for.

What lake are you on in NH? Are all of those pics in your gallery yours? Do you work at FlightCraft or something? I bought 2 Malibu's from Dan/Rick at ECFC before moving to FL......Just curious, I come-up from FL and summer on Squam with my Wakesetter.......

Yeah I'm sure its more like $3500-$4000 with the cover mods and everything else.

All those boats in my gallery were mine at one point or another, lakes in the profile are from Crecent Lake in Maine, near Sebago. I worked for Dan for about 5 years during high school and a few summers in college, but I'm too busy to play with boats anymore. I've been to Squam, member Davemac on here does a couple weeks a year up there.

-Chris

Yeah I'm sure its more like $3500-$4000 with the cover mods and everything else.

All those boats in my gallery were mine at one point or another, lakes in the profile are from Crecent Lake in Maine, near Sebago. I worked for Dan for about 5 years during high school and a few summers in college, but I'm too busy to play with boats anymore. I've been to Squam, member Davemac on here does a couple weeks a year up there.

-Chris

Sweet - You have definitely had some nice boats. I've probably bumped into you at ECFC.

I know right where Crescent Lake is - I owned a camp on Little Sebago (118 Birchwood Rd. Gray, ME) before moving to FL in 2004. Now I just rent on Squam. Sure wish I didn't sell the place on Little Sebago (or wish I could buy it back now for what I sold it for....)

Tim

We have always measured boat costs in “units” $100 = 1 unit. Therefore a $2000 repair bill is on 22 units. It doesn’t sound as bad that way. And yes, we are kidding ourselves.

I like that logic ;-)

I think that is what I tell my wife tomorrow......!

We have always measured boat costs in "units" $100 = 1 unit. Therefore a $2000 repair bill is on 22 units. It doesn't sound as bad that way. And yes, we are kidding ourselves.