Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1976 Stars and Stripes

Bake's Marine

We had this boat in the shop for service and had to snap a few pictures of this 1976 Stars and Stripes and share it with everybody.

Funny going from working on boats with a digital dash then going to a boat with only 3 switches (bilge, navigation, blower) talk about down boat evolution.

post-4023-054860800 1288111984_thumb.jpgpost-4023-076125300 1288111995_thumb.jpg

-Paul

A guy here at work just sold his early 80's Stars & Stripes earlier this year. While not in that kind of shape, still a cool boat.

This is a very cool boat, it's amazing how basic and simple boats use to be.

-Paul

When Slalom Times were important :)

post-4023-064406900 1288112335_thumb.jpg

Wow, Mello's water ski shop? The Mello's are here in sacramento now. I guess they have been in the boat buisness for a while.

My uncle has an 83 Stars and Stripes. Slightly different set up than this one. His is in perfect condition. I love that model of ski boat, if it wasn't for the Skier, I'd definitely own one. :rockon:

They had a thread on this one over on TT for a while. I could do without the Overton's seats in the front, but it looks like the original one is now being used in the back, so it's still there. The CL ad stated that it was originally Kris Lapoint's boat, but also stated that back then MCs were not for sale to the general public, only pros. So who knows.

Cool old boat either way. Show some pics of the custom tandem trailer, Paul.

I have always liked the Stars and Strips ever since I saw my first one as a kid, I wanted one ever since, never could convince my Dad to upgrade (would have been back in the late 70's).

Thanks for sharing Tim. Cool looking boats! They have the nice square windshield I'm used to. LOL.gif

Our Bu still has the 260hp carbed Merc. I love it. The most complicated thing under the dogbox is the starter relay. ROFL.gif I'll never need a computer or code reader to figure out why she won't start and that's exactly why I bought it! Thumbup.gif I love classics. Clap.gif