Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hose placement for winterizing

Just curious if this idea was wrong, but when connecting my water supply to the Monsoon 340 in my boat, can I bypass the V-drive cooling?

In other words, in stead of feeding water at the end of the "actual" raw water draw point, can I connect it to the hose directly after the V-drive unit? The water for the V drive is for cooling, but with the drive not actually engaged and generating heat will any damage occur? On my setup it is much easier to connect/disconnect after the v-drive.

Thoughts?

Just curious if this idea was wrong, but when connecting my water supply to the Monsoon 340 in my boat, can I bypass the V-drive cooling?

In other words, in stead of feeding water at the end of the "actual" raw water draw point, can I connect it to the hose directly after the V-drive unit? The water for the V drive is for cooling, but with the drive not actually engaged and generating heat will any damage occur? On my setup it is much easier to connect/disconnect after the v-drive.

Thoughts?

You can do that, if your not running the boat in gear (which you are not suppose to on the trailer) your v-drive is doing nothing so you can't hurt anything by by-passing it. From the factory they were installing the Perko flush kits where you are talking about after the v-drive because it was too tight before the v-drive.

Hope this helps

-Paul

Thoughts?

You mean you want to feed water to impeller directly?

Might i ask why you'd want to? It's pretty easy to winterize from the other end and antifreeze ends up in your v-drive cooler then. If you're installing a flush pro or something then I guess I don't understand why you can install it on the raw water side? On my boat it seems like there would be space for it right before it hits the v-drive cooler entry.

Might i ask why you'd want to? It's pretty easy to winterize from the other end and antifreeze ends up in your v-drive cooler then. If you're installing a flush pro or something then I guess I don't understand why you can install it on the raw water side? On my boat it seems like there would be space for it right before it hits the v-drive cooler entry.

I think Paul answered this in post # 2.

"From the factory they were installing the Perko flush kits where you are talking about after the v-drive because it was too tight before the v-drive."

I believe someone here proved that it could be done though. He lengthened the hose, plus added the Flushpro. Which would most likely make it very cramped in that part of the bilge.

my flush pro is installed on the raw water intake side, just before the it hits the vdrive. How can I pump antifreeze through the vdrive, and get it into the impeller? If I try and go through the flush pro, there is not enough pressure to get it through the flush pro. How do you all pump your antifreeze into the system?>