Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Regina Jaquess sets new slalom record!

Woodski

Regina Jaquess set a new slslom record that stood from 1997 behind a Malibu over the weekend. Same driver pulled C. Parrish to his record earlier this year.

Details on both please

Regina Jaquess set a new slslom record that stood from 1997 behind a Malibu over the weekend. Same driver pulled C. Parrish to his record earlier this year.

More info.....please

Most excellent. I was surprised at the main pic on the web-site. The guy doing the invert doesn’t have a vest on.

That is Jimmy Seimers. You wont see any tricker wearing a vest. Dont have to in a USAWS event.

More info.....please

Record was held by equally by regina, karina knowlan and kristy overton-johnson (as in overtons.com) with 1 at 41 off (10.25m). First round regina got 1.25, second round she got the half.

Both driven by chad scott. CP's was done in covington LA behind a CC 200 and reginas at Corey Pickos ski school in santa rosa beach FL behind a lxi.

NOW WHERE IS THE VIDEO!

Record was held by equally by regina, karina knowlan and kristy overton-johnson (as in overtons.com) with 1 at 41 off (10.25m). First round regina got 1.25, second round she got the half.

Both driven by chad scott. CP's was done in covington LA behind a CC 200 and reginas at Corey Pickos ski school in santa rosa beach FL behind a lxi.

NOW WHERE IS THE VIDEO!

From where are you concluding that she was behind an lxi? I haven't seen that anywhere. Pickos has long been a MC site.

From where are you concluding that she was behind an lxi? I haven't seen that anywhere. Pickos has long been a MC site.

If it was a competition, even MC sites have malibus and CC on site.

http://malibuboats.blogspot.com/2010/10/jaquess-smashes-14-year-old-world.html

...Regina felt skiing behind the Response LXi gave her an edge and bolstered her ability to break the record. Looks like this strategy paid off.

Regina skied in the Red Bar Belgian Open on Saturday, October 23, 2010. In her first record-setting run she fell soon after the 1 ball @ 41 off, but held on long enough to capture 1/4 of the next buoy. That sent the first pending world record of 1 1/4 @ 41 off.

Regina was confident that she could capture at 1 1/2 buoys at 41' off so she went back out behind the Malibu Boats Response LXi on Sunday even more determined. And sure enough at the Eddie Green Open on October 24, 2010 she set her second pending Women's Slalom World Record in Santa Rosa Beach at back to back competitions.

Edited by CedarLakeSkier

If it was a competition, even MC sites have malibus and CC on site.

Sure, but not all, and it's not like that was Regionals or something. Seems the real answer is that she is now a team skier, which was news to me too.

That is Jimmy Seimers. You wont see any tricker wearing a vest. Dont have to in a USAWS event.

Maybe I’m too safety conscience but even a pro should where a vest. It would be like a pro ski diver not having a back-up chute. Just my opinion.

A lot of RC tournaments have MC/CC/Bu boats differ per round. Even 196/200's differ between rounds. Nothing new here.

Maybe I’m too safety conscience but even a pro should where a vest. It would be like a pro ski diver not having a back-up chute. Just my opinion.

You dont break world records like jimmy did on the weekend wearing a vest. FACT.

Tricking on a private lake in such conditions is pretty safe. Yes, not ideal, but the risk is low.

It doesnt matter how.... However it is better than any 39 she has run to tie the WR previously IMO. Well done Regina, a great thing for womens slalom! :yahoo:

A lot of RC tournaments have MC/CC/Bu boats differ per round. Even 196/200's differ between rounds. Nothing new here.

Of course. Just a little surprised (pleasantly) that malibu made a showing at a site that is very far from anything and obviously was a big undertaking for promo team to have boat there. My guess is that if Regina wasn't a team skier, they wouldn't have had one there. Actually, it might have been her boat since its her home site.

Sure, but not all, and it's not like that was Regionals or something. Seems the real answer is that she is now a team skier, which was news to me too.

in the video she says she joined team malibu friday then took the record down that weekend.

some day when i grow up ...

dream on.