Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thank you Bu Crew!

hethj7

I just wanted to thank everyone here. This site is a great source of knowledge and I can honestly say the reason I bought a Malibu is because I knew I could get continued support from here in maintaining and enjoying it. Even my wife agreed this site was a good reason to by a Bu over the Mastercrafts, Moombas, etc. we were looking at.

I've still got to take delivery of it next weekend, but the wife and I purchased a 2000 Wakesetter VLX from another Crew member, AAjets. :yahoo:

I've got some pics from the previous owner, but I'll wait to post some up with it sitting in my driveway :blush: . I was hoping to see it yesterday, but I ran into major travel issues trying to get into Dallas. 20 hours of travel yesterday and I never did get to land in Dallas :(

the wife and I purchased a 2000 Wakesetter VLX from another Crew member, AAjets. :yahoo:

I've seen that boat, very nice colors if I remember correctly.

Congrats and welcome aboard. FWIW, I have the same boat.

Sweet congrats! Waiting to get your boat is one of the longest times you'll ever go through...

Agreed. I just went through that and it was one heck of a long week. It is a long wait, but worth it in the end!

Congrats! Can't wait to see the pics! Rockon.gif

Thanks everyone. Here is a pic from the previous owner. Hopefully after next weekend I'll have some of my "own" photos. If it happens to be even remotely decent next Saturday in KC, I'll probably put it on the water just for fun, then winterize it that night.

post-13120-082804700 1287974528_thumb.jp

Thanks everyone. Here is a pic from the previous owner. Hopefully after next weekend I'll have some of my "own" photos. If it happens to be even remotely decent next Saturday in KC, I'll probably put it on the water just for fun, then winterize it that night.

Isn't that the only reason for putting a boat in the water? :rockon:

Thanks for the link. We've already talked about putting something on the boat. Nothing overboard, but a Malibu decal here or there would look nice. On your boat, is the linked decal the one you have on the side of your boat? It looks good. We were initially discussing just doing a smaller chrome Malibu emblem on each side, but towards the stern.

Thanks for the link. We've already talked about putting something on the boat. Nothing overboard, but a Malibu decal here or there would look nice. On your boat, is the linked decal the one you have on the side of your boat? It looks good. We were initially discussing just doing a smaller chrome Malibu emblem on each side, but towards the stern.

Yep the link to Bakes is the same one I have. At least it looks identical to me. I think it's perfect - nothing too overboard, but it really adds to the boat. Here's a couple close ups....

IMG_3468.jpg

IMG_8465.jpg

So, what is even worse than waiting for your boat to get delivered? Having it delivered to your house in KC a day earlier than planned (today), but being stuck in Montana for work still. It is sitting in my driveway right now and I can't get to it until tomorrow night :crazy:

So, what is even worse than waiting for your boat to get delivered? Having it delivered to your house in KC a day earlier than planned (today), but being stuck in Montana for work still. It is sitting in my driveway right now and I can't get to it until tomorrow night :crazy:

Oh man. That is rough! Hurry home!!!!

I'm sure it's been answered before, so apoligize for asking but, how do you get rid of the original decals on the boat?

I might like to do something like that too :biggrin:

Steve B.

A hairdryer or heat gun to get the adhesive softened a bit will get the decal started. Keep heat on the decal and slowly peel it off. If the boat is older it can be faded a bit and need a bit of buffing or wetsanding to get rid of any fade marks.

Well??? It's tomorrow night...? Ah, you probably fell asleep with/in your new baby, thats understandable :biggrin: