Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Shop Manual 2007 Indmar Hammerhead 383 400 hp

Hi,

Where can I get the shop manual which mechanics use to work on 2007 Indmar Hammerhead 383 400 hp ? I used to have one which I downloaded for free for my mercruiser 240EFI jet engine and it was awesome to fix stuff myself. Would like to do the same with these Indmar engines.

Thanks

Unfortunately, there is no such manual out there.

The best thing you're gonna find is the book that's in my signature where it says "buy this book"

I realize it doesn't go up to your year but, it still has a lot of good info. in it.

Like Pete said, an earlier year manual lays down all the fundementals of how these engines work. The only real change since 2003 (last year of the manual) is the addition of of O-2 sensors. Or you could become an Indmar mechanic by going to their school and the manuals are free.

There are a couple of things you need to know about that engine. When you do an oil change, if you plan on getting most if not all of the oil out, you need to jack one side of the boat up. The opposite side of drain. We would just drive the one side of the trailer up on some blocks to help it drain most of the oil out.

You also should check the engine serial number and verify if they got the new dip stick. Indmar is recommending putting in one additional quart of oil in this engine, and the new dipstick compensates for that.

The last thing you will need to know is that some Hammerheads burn oil and some don't. It can be the break in period was not done right and the rings are letting oil slip by. My 383 Hammerhead never had an oil issue, but I do know some that have and do complain about burning oil. The problem is taking the boat out for a couple of hours won't tell you. It is something you will see after a couple of days of use. You can do a search on it here on the crew. There has been numerous posts.

Edited by stewart

The only real change since 2003 (last year of the manual) is the addition of of O-2 sensors....

And cats, the ski-vee, and throttle and shift by wire.