Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sportster LX vs Response LX

DylanR

The Boomerang is certainly a low boat. For those who haven't see it....

Moomba_Boomerang_ForSale.jpg

On the other hand, he Sporty isn't exactly the Malibu with the most freeboard. If I were you I would lean toward a Response or a Sunsetter. Our Sunsetter will take the weight our Skier (closed bow Malibu closer to the Boomerang's shape) and sit quite a bit higher in the water and it isn't a huge Malibu. I can also tell you 4 inches of beam doesn't sound like a lot until you sit in the bigger boat!

Here's a Sporty with probably 800lbs of water on the surf side and a crew. Rockon.gif Scotty's not scared of throwing weight in his Sporty, but he also doesn't have 12 inches of freeboard left over. It's all about what you want to do with it. I know the surf wave looked pretty good behind his little wake pig. LOL.gif

IMG_8245.jpg

I was actually looking for the other pic from behind but thanks MA, I knew I could count on you! With my sac setup now I Surf with 800# on Surf side 650# sac seat in the rear with wedge down and yes it takes a little know how to drive it but wakeboarding I go with a 400# on each side of the dog house and the 650# seat in the rear with wedge down and I would let my 5 year old drive it (if it was legal of course) And I have no problem getting my Bu brothers (all of which have very BADA$$ boats) to ride behind my Sporty. It's all about the Pocketbook my friend, get what you can afford and love every minute of it, my family and friends love my boat and for our first boat (ski boat) I have no regrets. If you have any questions at all about a Sporty shoot me a pm, everyone that is repling to your thread are very knowledgeable and the best of the best when it comes to Bu's. Whatever you decide you are starting in the right place "The Crew" for info. And ALWAYS remember in my world EVERYTHING is for sale and negotiable! :thumbup:

I was actually looking for the other pic from behind but thanks MA, I knew I could count on you! With my sac setup now I Surf with 800# on Surf side 650# sac seat in the rear with wedge down and yes it takes a little know how to drive it but wakeboarding I go with a 400# on each side of the dog house and the 650# seat in the rear with wedge down and I would let my 5 year old drive it (if it was legal of course) And I have no problem getting my Bu brothers (all of which have very BADA$ boats) to ride behind my Sporty. It's all about the Pocketbook my friend, get what you can afford and love every minute of it, my family and friends love my boat and for our first boat (ski boat) I have no regrets. If you have any questions at all about a Sporty shoot me a pm, everyone that is repling to your thread are very knowledgeable and the best of the best when it comes to Bu's. Whatever you decide you are starting in the right place "The Crew" for info. And ALWAYS remember in my world EVERYTHING is for sale and negotiable! :thumbup:

Well said. Did you mean this pic?

IMG_8254.jpg

I'd love to see the surf wake pic from Scotty's boat... :rockon:

In my opinion... My Moomba was a great boat for what it was... and it was fun and all... BUT

without even getting into a Sportster LX... I KNOW... it is a million times better boat... I would not even compare them.

I have ridin behind my buddies Response LX, it is great... and if the Sportster LX is somewhat close... I don't see how anyone could be disappointed with it?!?!

Edited by Lakeside09