Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Vinyl Discoloring

BlknYlwT22

There is some minor yellowing on one of the seat cushions and have been told that it is from sun tan lotion. I do have pictures but they don't show much at all. It is hard to see but I know it's there and would like to get it cleaned/fixed. Is there anyway to clean this our or does the seat have to be dyed?

There is some minor yellowing on one of the seat cushions and have been told that it is from sun tan lotion. I do have pictures but they don't show much at all. It is hard to see but I know it's there and would like to get it cleaned/fixed. Is there anyway to clean this our or does the seat have to be dyed?

UV rays will probably remove the stain. Next summer lay it in the sun for a day 99% of the time that works.

well that makes that easy. if the stain doesn't come out what do you suggest?

If that doesn't work I'd try the die route. Honestly I think the sun will get rid of it. If it will get rid of black sharpie I think it will get rid of your situation.

If that doesn't work I'd try the die route. Honestly I think the sun will get rid of it. If it will get rid of black sharpie I think it will get rid of your situation.

that's awesome news. thanks for the tip!

I've had good luck with Soft Scrub with bleach. Rub it on and let is sit for a minute then scrub with a sponge or car wash mitt. Just remember to rub it when you rinse it off to get rid of the residue.

I've had good luck with Soft Scrub with bleach. Rub it on and let is sit for a minute then scrub with a sponge or car wash mitt. Just remember to rub it when you rinse it off to get rid of the residue.

yea i'll try the sun method first and if that doesn't work I'll give this a try. thanks for the suggestion.