Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Added Support For Engine Divider Walls

Cdoogles

Looks good man! I have all my materials, the screws I have look like they will sit flush so dont think I need the finishing washers. My tubes are only 4 feet long so my material cost is higher. In fact almost twice the price! You gotta love Canada!

Just finished mine. I will post up picks shortly. I am debating putting support on the floor incase of the divider jumps the track. Is this really necessary though?

Just finished mine. I will post up picks shortly. I am debating putting support on the floor incase of the divider jumps the track. Is this really necessary though?

I'm running the 750Lb so I don't think I will need to, Guess I will have to wait and see, I can always add it if needed,

I run 750lbs and mine did pop out of the track occasionally. I have added taller aluminum angle to the floor to fix that.

Did you reinforce your divider walls or just add the angle brace on the floor?

Here are some picks of the finished product. Materials used: 3/4 Sq Aluminum Tubing, Stainless Bolts: 8-24x 1-1/2 Flat Phillips head, Finishing Washers Stainless # 8, Stainless Lock Nuts Nylon insert 8-24. I went with 4 bars per divider, 52.5 cm long spaced 17.5cm apart center to center.

post-4887-067730300 1296278914_thumb.jpg

post-4887-021663300 1296278938_thumb.jpg

post-4887-033527500 1296278952_thumb.jpg

Are all your bars the same length? I found that mine had to be slightly longer the further forward I went..There was a few cm's difference between the rear most bar and the forward most bar.

Are all your bars the same length? I found that mine had to be slightly longer the further forward I went..There was a few cm's difference between the rear most bar and the forward most bar.

Not on my VTX.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some picks of the finished product. Materials used: 3/4 Sq Aluminum Tubing, Stainless Bolts: 8-24x 1-1/2 Flat Phillips head, Finishing Washers Stainless # 8, Stainless Lock Nuts Nylon insert 8-24. I went with 4 bars per divider, 52.5 cm long spaced 17.5cm apart center to center.

Decided to add some support to the plastic rail. I had some left over tubing so I cut 3 pieces per side to fit between the supports.

post-4887-003191000 1298184981_thumb.jpg

post-4887-096388900 1298185001_thumb.jpg

Decided to add some support to the plastic rail. I had some left over tubing so I cut 3 pieces per side to fit between the supports.

Looks great... I'm thinking of doing the supports by The Track Looks like an easy fix...

Looks great... I'm thinking of doing the supports by The Track Looks like an easy fix...

My advice would be to cut the pieces a little short. If the fit is tight you will have to place them exact and that wil be challenging. I had to move them a few times to get the fit exact.

I used #8 1 1/4 stainless metal screws. There would be no harm in going to 1 1/2 inches or longer if you wish.

Yeah I think I'm gonna do the same... Mine jumped the channel even after installing the 3 bars all the way from top to bottom.

Did you end up changing the type of screws you used for your project? I was noticing the pictures in boat house and the screw heads did stick out a little. I thought they could possible tear your bags.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that even with the vertical supports, the panel is still sometimes jumping the track. Could it be that the panel is warping in the opposite plane now, and horizontal support may also be needed? Or is it consensus that simply creating a deeper channel is the best option?

It seems that even with the vertical supports, the panel is still sometimes jumping the track. Could it be that the panel is warping in the opposite plane now, and horizontal support may also be needed? Or is it consensus that simply creating a deeper channel is the best option?

Seen both. I think the easier route is to just place a horizontal bar on the outside of the track as I did.

• 1 month later...

hi guys..i'm new to the site..i have on 07 247wakesetter..we're ready to add some bigger weight so my questions are..it seems that the reason for the no ballast sticker in the rear storage areas is because of the engine separater panels, not a hull issue? if thats true, thats great news and i can load how much weight in each side for surfing? for boarding? i'm cool about the weight up front and so far our experimenting has only gotten us a short, too close weak wave. i'm curious as to why you only have to brace the engine sep panel..that's enough strength? no cross braces drilled anywhere to keep the tubung in place? i'm so surprised that it's that simple of a fix..looking forward to what your response is..ski ya

In a nutshell, you're not supposed to put too much ballast in the trunks because there are hard tanks underneath it. I think the sticker says no more than, what, 75lbs?

People re-enforce the engine divider walls because the sacks they put in the trunks push against the flimsy plastic wall and they pop through to go up against the hot engine exh. manifolds.

There are a TON of threads on this board about how to set up your boat (especially a 247 which, around here, is regarded as the best surfing boat) for surfing. You should look up a member named Stanley Wheelhouse and threads he has started. He has, in his opinion, the BEST surf wave you can get out a 247. Mind you, you'll have to Bust Out Another Thousand to get it.

Read this.

Welcome aboard.

In a nutshell, you're not supposed to put too much ballast in the trunks because there are hard tanks underneath it. I think the sticker says no more than, what, 75lbs?

People re-enforce the engine divider walls because the sacks they put in the trunks push against the flimsy plastic wall and they pop through to go up against the hot engine exh. manifolds.

There are a TON of threads on this board about how to set up your boat (especially a 247 which, around here, is regarded as the best surfing boat) for surfing. You should look up a member named Stanley Wheelhouse and threads he has started. He has, in his opinion, the BEST surf wave you can get out a 247. Mind you, you'll have to Bust Out Another Thousand to get it.

Read this.

Welcome aboard.