Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Good deal on System 8 and Monza

Chef23

Adrenaline Water sports has what appears to be a very good deal on System 8s, Monzas and some other HO skis.

The System 8 is $329 blank, Monza $570.

It has me thinking of trying a System 8 in a 70". I am a little concerned the D3 68.5 is a little small. For that price I could get rid of it without getting hurt too bad financially.

Adrenaline Water sports has what appears to be a very good deal on System 8s, Monzas and some other HO skis.

It has me thinking of trying a System 8 in a 70".  I am a little concerned the D3 68.5 is a little small.  For that price I could get rid of it without getting hurt too bad financially.

I wouldn't hesitate about the 68.5 D3. GT and I have been skiing on one lately in full suits. Both of us at 210-215 plus another 20-25 pounds of water and neopreme, The ski has performed wonderfully. I was skeptical at first too, because I sink pretty deep with my 68 phantom even in just a swimsuit if I not approaching 36 MPH. The D3 is a awesome ski even in the late season chop and weight of wetsuits. I can't even imagine how much I'm going to like it without the weight and warmer water!

Cheers.gif

It has me thinking of trying a System 8 in a 70".  I am a little concerned the D3 68.5 is a little small.  For that price I could get rid of it without getting hurt too bad financially.

I wouldn't hesitate about the 68.5 D3. GT and I have been skiing on one lately in full suits. Both of us at 210-215 plus another 20-25 pounds of water and neopreme, The ski has performed wonderfully. I was skeptical at first too, because I sink pretty deep with my 68 phantom even in just a swimsuit if I not approaching 36 MPH. The D3 is a awesome ski even in the late season chop and weight of wetsuits. I can't even imagine how much I'm going to like it without the weight and warmer water!

Cheers.gif

I'll probably hold off until the spring. I am hoping to be down to 210-15 by then. I was feeling at times like I wasn't carrying enough speed cross course on the D3. I was still running 15 regularly and 22 about 80% of the time but at 28 was coming up shallow. It is probably technique and not equipment though. Being a golfer I always like to blame the equipment.