Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboard Rack Rubber Padding replacement

Some of my racks are missing the rubber padding that keeps the board from contacting metal. Service center said malibu doesn't stock such a minor piece, so I figure something at a home improvement store will work fine, like weather stripping.

Has anyone used anything that has worked out really well or not so well for replacement?

What types of adhesive did you use?

Here's a few pics, and yes racks are splattered with bug guts from trailering :)

DSC_0294.jpg

DSC_0294.jpg

Hot Damn and holy cow,$10 for a rubber strip.

thanks for the links!

No prob, they ususally have all the little things no one else has be people seem to need. They have saved me a few times for odd things like this.

• 9 months later...

old thread, but figured I'd share what worked for me and it doesn't require glue, is sold at home depot and you get 20ft for $4.

The answer is 15/16" clear flexible pvc tubing. (thanks to Greg H. for suggesting it).

Fit's perfectly into the channel on the board rack and doesn't come out at all even after 8 days of riding, however I lost 2 more black rubber strips in that timeframe.

This size tubing works on the star-one racks, but not all other brands. Best bet is take your rack into home depot and find the tube size the fits.

59120p.jpg

• Like 1

I just bought some 5/16 solid rubber tubbing with UV protection from McMaster-Carr online. It was something like .33/ft. It was the exact fit.

No glue needed

Speaking of that, I also bought replacement bungee for the same rack. Got the bungee at REI (.25/ft), the heat shrink at McMaster-Carr, and the metal clips at home depot. They work perfect, look stock, and were 1/4 the cost

I actually called Titan to get the replacement for mine. I was also ordering two more racks to hold surf gear and skis and ordered more cord to replace the old ones. Someone had previously put in the clear tubing recommended above but I have to say it sure didn't work very well for us. After a very short period of time it dents the tube and then the boards are back to getting damaged by metal contact all over again. The cord lasts much much longer and is the better option.

• 4 weeks later...

After a very short period of time it dents the tube and then the boards are back to getting damaged by metal contact all over again. The cord lasts much much longer and is the better option.

I'll watch out for that, but so far so good :thumbup:

Save yourselves the headache of rubber inserts..... All forks options come in our vinyl dip... All of our forks can also replace the old Titan & Metcraft forks...

post-14828-093632000 1314914442_thumb.jp

post-14828-061052900 1314914467_thumb.jp

Edited by StarOneWake

Save yourselves the headache of rubber inserts..... All forks options come in our vinyl dip... All of our forks can also replace the old Titan & Metcraft forks...

Can your forks replace the skylon forks? I am looking for surf forks.

Can your forks replace the skylon forks? I am looking for surf forks.

What is the spacing of the holes in the Base? If they dont match to the spacing in our forks it is as simple as drilling a couple holes in the base to match the spacing in the forks and then just bolt them on...

• 5 years later...
On 9/1/2011 at 6:04 PM, StarOneWake said:

post-14828-093632000 1314914442_thumb.jp

post-14828-061052900 1314914467_thumb.jp

How much for a set?