Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Help

Henken

Need help ASAP.

I am meeting a seller who is selling his 09 Response LXI in the Northern suburbs of St. Louis, MO area. I plan on buying the boat but are looking to lake test before purchasing. We are looking for a safe lake where we dont have to worry about sand bars, rocks...etc. Planning on meeting this Saturday late afternoon.

Does anybody have a lake recommendation North of St. Louis to Quincy, IL area? I am coming down from Minneapolis and he is heading up form Memphis.

Thanks for you help in advance. Jeremy

Need help ASAP.

I am meeting a seller who is selling his 09 Response LXI in the Northern suburbs of St. Louis, MO area. I plan on buying the boat but are looking to lake test before purchasing. We are looking for a safe lake where we dont have to worry about sand bars, rocks...etc. Planning on meeting this Saturday late afternoon.

Does anybody have a lake recommendation North of St. Louis to Quincy, IL area? I am coming down from Minneapolis and he is heading up form Memphis.

How about the Mississippi river.

Lake Lou Yaeger is a nice lake located just outside of Litchfield, IL and it is about 45 minutes from St. Louis. The only problem is that it is north east of STL along I55 and it looks like you are looking for something north west. You could try Mark Twain lake in Missouri. It is a little further from STL than the other (about 3 hours), but it is a nice lake too. Carlyle Reservoir is a huge lake not too far away, but i have heard second hand that it is shallow in places. I would be careful in the Mississippi too.

I would also suggest Mark Twain Lake. It is 2.5 to 3 hours north on hwy 61. On your way to either Quincy, IL or Minnesota.

Also, are you familiar with State A Mind Watersports, a Malibu Dealer located in the Northern Suburbs of St Louis? I do not have direct experience with them as I bought my boat from an individual, but I thought I would let you know they were there.

Edit:

Sorry, I missed the part about him coming from Memphis. I thought he was in North St. Louis.

Plenty of people boat in the Mississippi River, just not me. Here is a marina that would be close to the Northern Suburbs of St. Louis.

http://www.altonmarina.com/

I would hope they have a launch ramp, but you may want to check.

Edited by MizzouMike

I just googled directions from minneapolis to memphis and it looks like mark twain would be your best bet. It would save you some driving time too.

I've yet to make a trip to Mark Twain Lake and get good conditions...wide open lake without any protection from the wind. If you are ruling out the river, Lake Lou Yeager in Litchfield, IL would be a good choice (and is not far off the interstate highway). Also keep in mind that IL requires an observer while pulling a skier/boarder. Good luck.

Need help ASAP.

Edited by 2 ThumbsUp