Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Custom manual wedge trap door

Vettesetter

Snips to start, then sand down with a dremel rotary tool, then hand sand with emery. :thumbup:

Right on. I love the way that looks. Good man actually making it out of carbon and not a carbon "wrap". LOL.gif Looks good man. Carbon fiber is actually really easy to work with. I made the bezel for my GPS speedometer out of it. Not too bad at all to cut and shape. I have always used it in the past for model airplane building die to strength and weight advantages. Just be careful not to scratch it.

DSC04074.jpg

DSC04201.jpg

DSC04206.jpg

Edited by martinarcher

Right on. I love the way that looks. Good man actually making it out of carbon and not a carbon "wrap". LOL.gif Looks good man. Carbon fiber is actually really easy to work with. I made the bezel for my GPS speedometer out of it. Not too bad at all to cut and shape. I have always used it in the past for model airplane building die to strength and weight advantages. Just be careful not to scratch it.

DSC04074.jpg

DSC04201.jpg

DSC04206.jpg

Very nice, I wasn't sure if I should go with the twill on an angle or straight?

It looks good diagonal. I like it. I debated on mine too. My wife told me I was the only one that would ever notice which way it went. LOL.gif

Yeah, I think on a dash gauge it should be straight like you have it, I doubt if my wife will notice that its even carbon fiber.

Hey, have you made any other boat parts out of carbon fiber?

Edited by Joe Hollywood

Todays modification is real Carbon fiber

SDC10440.jpg

SDC10439.jpg

Joe,

Someone mentioned in another thread that you have to much time............I know that to be true now. Nice job but bordering on crazy?