Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1999 Sunsetter VLX Value

mcanarelli

Anybody have any suggestions what this might be worth?

1999 Malibu Sunsetter VLX, 560 Hours, new alternator, winch on the trailer, new Stereo (AM/FM/MP3/CD/iPod compatible) and Speakers (4), carpets just shampooed, double battery setup with switch, - no tower, no ballast.

I'm looking at a 2007 Wakesetter VTX and thinking about selling the 99 Sunsetter to upgrade - it's an outrageous price for the '07. If I keep the Sunsetter I'm going to have it re-painted (just the sides and back). I'm not a big fan of the purple and would much prefer Yellow and Black. I have a buddy that does custom paint work so it will cost roughly $600-$800 depending on supplies.

Thoughts, opinions and comments are very much appreciated!

Pictures: http://gallery.me.com/mikecan/100194

post-12822-064533300 1286995193_thumb.jp

Edited by mcanarelli

Great. I'll throw in some life jackets and dinner ;)

Now thats funny! Maybe you should deliver it too...

In all honesty I think that is a super desireable boat. I really don't know what it's worth but your best bet is probably check around on-line and see what people are selling them for.

I'm sure in due time you will get a ton of replies here from people who know what they are talking about!

:werule:

I've used NADA but never heard of OIB? Does OIB have a site I can use to get an approximate value? NADA says $14.9k seems low to me. Do you think there is really a big difference in the selling price from season to season (winter/summer). I agree there will be less buyers now but not necessarily less money.

I've used NADA but never heard of OIB? Does OIB have a site I can use to get an approximate value? NADA says $14.9k seems low to me. Do you think there is really a big difference in the selling price from season to season (winter/summer). I agree there will be less buyers now but not necessarily less money.

Seasons can drastically affect present value, I just saw an 07 LSV with a 8.1 sell for 40K!! Also the lack of a tower is really going to hurt you unless you find the right buyer.

OIB=onlyinboards.com, sorry about that.

Seasons can drastically affect present value, I just saw an 07 LSV with a 8.1 sell for 40K!! Also the lack of a tower is really going to hurt you unless you find the right buyer.

OIB=onlyinboards.com, sorry about that.

Yeah, I know the tower is going to hurt. I just can't justify spending the money on a tower. Plus, if someone wants one I would rather let them pick the one they want and have it installed.

Do you think there is really a big difference in the selling price from season to season (winter/summer). I agree there will be less buyers now but not necessarily less money.

There is a HUGE difference in price when selling now vs in the spring time. Between the economy & the fact that a new boat owner will need to make storage arrangements almost immediately, the value of almost any boat will be quite a bit less.

It was an $11k difference in my case.