Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim Platform

Hey Crew Members!

Got an interesting question for ya.

93 Sunsetter has a warped Teak Swim platform and looking to replace it. I have an option to buy one from a Centurion (non drilled at this ppoint) but it is heavier in weight than the stock one I currently have. I think it is 7/8" thick Teak and 1-1/2" at the supports. The stock one I have is 1/2" and 1" at the support areas.

Question is, will the Malibu platform supports (machined aluminium) support this weight?

Thank you,

There are 2 supports, on the boat and the brackets extend about 12-14" out from the boat.

The platforms are pretty close dimensionally.

Hey Crew Members!

Got an interesting question for ya.

93 Sunsetter has a warped Teak Swim platform and looking to replace it. I have an option to buy one from a Centurion (non drilled at this ppoint) but it is heavier in weight than the stock one I currently have. I think it is 7/8" thick Teak and 1-1/2" at the supports. The stock one I have is 1/2" and 1" at the support areas.

Question is, will the Malibu platform supports (machined aluminium) support this weight?

Thank you,

Did you see it on Ebay? FWIW,I sold a member on here my old teak for his 94 Echelon and the measurements where exactly the same. If it's the same one I think they would have sold it a long time ago if the said it would fit a Malibu.

I've heard malibu will discourage putting a heavier platform on those supports, but how much weight are we talking about, 15 lbs??!!

i don't see the difference in weight between the two swim platforms as a large factor.

how many times have you had a couple of 180 pound guys standing on the trailing edge of that platform?

i do try to discourage more than one on the platform at a time but at times it just happens.

an additional few pounds of teak isn't going to tip the scales.

i don't see the difference in weight between the two swim platforms as a large factor.

how many times have you had a couple of 180 pound guys standing on the trailing edge of that platform?

i do try to discourage more than one on the platform at a time but at times it just happens.

an additional few pounds of teak isn't going to tip the scales.

I wish I only weighed 180 lbs :rofl:

People tow their boats with full coolers on their swim platform.

Definitely safe. If that little bit of weight made a difference then there is no way anyone could set foot on the platform. Or there would be a big circle with a line thru it and Hooper in the middle....